Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash

alexp

Contributor
In my humble opinion, BTC is no longer an investment for regular players like us. Big business, big corporations, whales, even governments like Canada and China got interested in it... and these rumors about the price manipulation! That's why I think that only altcoins allows you to earn something nowadays.

coinoligist

Contributor
Bitcoin: The first virtual currency, Bitcoin (BTC) is the longest standing and most valuable on the market. With a limited supply of 21 million, it is very attractive as an asset. Bitcoin relies on the blockchain network which acts as a public ledger.

Bitcoin has grown to become one of the hottest topics of conversation on the planet at the moment. According to Google in December BTC was one of the most searched terms on its platform. This may well have been due to the surge in price in the middle of December to just short of $20000.

The main issue with many investors is that they do not know what bitcoin is? How does it work? Or why Satoshi created it? Bitcoin is also known as BTC.

Bitcoin Cash:
Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a fork of Bitcoin. When more people began to invest in Bitcoin the network struggled to keep up with the volume of transactions. Bitcoin Cash increased the size of blocks, allowing more transactions to be processed, with a lower fee and at a lower transaction rate. In doing this they combatted one of Bitcoins most pressing issues, its scalability.

Bitcoin Cash (BCH) was launched in August 2017 as a cryptocurrency to be better than Bitcoin.Once the split happened, anyone holding a balance of Bitcoin was entitled to receive complimentary Bitcoin Cash on a one-to- one basis. Bitcoin was without a doubt one of the most incredible innovations in recent years. However, it has always faced criticism due to the low block size of 1MB which is equivalent to a million bytes in 2010. This limitation slowed down transactions as Bitcoin value started soaring in value.

Satoshi initially limited block size to prevent spam attacks on
the network at a time when the cost of Bitcoin was low. By 2017, in Bitcoin peak, the average block size of 1MB was not enough and was causing the system to slow down. In a situation like this is where Bitcoin Cash prevails. Bitcoin Cash differs from Bitcoin Classic as it has increased block size from 1MB to 8MB and has also removed Segwit.

I found some really helpful pages when I was first stating out on all the cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. They are also a platfrom to store, buy and sell in a far more secure and professional way than i have seen elsewhere.

I hope this helps! :)

RiderOnTheStorm

Contributor
Yes, cryptocurrency is a mainstream nowadays and governments of different countries got interested in it, but it is still a good investment and this is still our future. We even can earn coins through Cryptocurrency games, like Motocoin and there are more and more new platforms to mine, it's just incredible. I think "buy them both" is a good option.

Jokery321

Contributor
You can buy them both! I think it's still a good investment because there're many people who only start learning about this.
It's our future and only safety of my transactions bothers me but I've read a lot about <referral link auto delete>, so I think it will help me.

Litvi_Me

Contributor
In my humble opinion, BTC is no longer an investment for regular players like us. Big business, big corporations, whales, even governments like Canada and China got interested in it... and these rumors about the price manipulation! That's why I think that only altcoins allows you to earn something nowadays.

Do you think it won't be profitable if states get interested in Bitcoin?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Both coins are worth investing in.

I agree. I came around a few months ago and decided a little BCH belongs in a diversified portfolio. But only in a small percentage for me. It still has a higher chance of failing relative to bitcoin and a few of the other high market cap coins IMO.

Vla

Contributor
I agree. I came around a few months ago and decided a little BCH belongs in a diversified portfolio. But only in a small percentage for me. It still has a higher chance of failing relative to bitcoin and a few of the other high market cap coins IMO.
I prefer to have different coins in my portfolio, I feel that I'm protected from unexpected losses

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I prefer to have different coins in my portfolio, I feel that I'm protected from unexpected losses

You do have to walk a line between too much risk in just one coin versus owning way too many though. Some of the junk can hold down your returns. Owning 50, 100 or more will probably not beat the return of simply holding bitcoin alone. There are nearly 2000 coins; a vast number of which are pure junk.

Reactions: Vla

Vla

Contributor
You do have to walk a line between too much risk in just one coin versus owning way too many though. Some of the junk can hold down your returns. Owning 50, 100 or more will probably not beat the return of simply holding bitcoin alone. There are nearly 2000 coins; a vast number of which are pure junk.
You are right, but I do not make mindless investments, there are 4 coins in my portfolio and at the moment I am not considering the purchase of other coins

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
As you see here, many companies are now accepting payments in BTC for their services or goods, which indicates that BTC is still strong!

That is quite a list. Thank you for posting it.

Probably we won’t shock you, if we say that Bitcoin is the most valuable cryptocurrency on the whole market. Bitcoin has been launched in 2009 and its value increased dramatically since then. No surprise that over the years more and more companies started to accept BTC payments. Here we collected some of the biggest companies that accept bitcoin payments.

Microsoft.jpg
Microsoft

The tech giant Microsoft has been accepting Bitcoin payments since 2014. Although there was a period where they stopped accepting due the high volatility, but they are accepting again. You can only pay with Bitcoin in Xbox store to purchase games, movies and apps from it.

Bill Gates made many positive comments on Bitcoin, and he thinks it is going to be the currency of the future.

Wikipedia.png
Wikipedia

Wikipedia is the 5th most popular website in the world, according to Alexa rankings. Since this online encyclopedia is a non-profit organization, the only earn revenue from donations. In 2014 they announced that now they are accepting Bitcoin donations as well.

Expedia-1.png
Expedia

Expedia is a 22 years old global leading American travel company which helps customers and businesses to find tickets, hotels, car rentals, etc., for the best price available on the market. Since 2014 you can also pay with Bitcoin. The company accepts cryptocurrency payments through Coinbase and but they have very strict limitations.

Overstock.png
Overstock

Overstock is a huge online retailer, where you can buy almost everything. Clothes, furnitures, home decor, electronics and everything you need into your home. It was the first retailer site that started to allow customers to pay with Bitcoin. They not only accepting Bitcoin but Litecoin, Ethereum, Dash, Monero and Bitcoin Cash is also accepted. They partnered up with Coinbase to allow crypto payments.

Playboy.jpg
Playboy

Playboy was founded in 1953. First it was only a magazine but over the years Playboy TV has appeared, and it is only available for subscribers. In 2018 the company announced that they are accepting Bitcoin payments as well.

ATT.png
AT&T

The telecommunication giant AT&T is the biggest mobile carrier in the United States. Many of their users own, and use cryptocurrencies so they have decided to allow them to pay their bills with Bitcoin.

Shopify.png
Shopify stores

Shopify became very popular over the last years. It is an e-commerce platform that allows you to build your own online store easily in a few hours. Shopify stores now can accept payments in Bitcoin thanks to the BitPay integration into the store. Now thousands of merchants are accepting BTC on their store.

Beside these ones there are many other companies that accept Bitcoin as payment, and hopefully the list will expand in the future.