Crypto Rise for 2/18 and 2/19 2019

NorthenLights

Contributor
I entered the bitcoin market at under $2k. I sold portions of my holdings as bitcoin hit $10k, then again at $15K and $17.5k. But I wasn’t smart enough to sell it all then.

As bitcoin dropped, I repurchased at $7k, $4.5k and $3k. I still hold one bitcoin purchased in 2017 for $1908 in one account. I recently added more at $6k.

I also used drops to sell for tax deductible losses and then repurchased at same prices so that my portfolio was unchanged and I could control taxes on my gains.
You seem to be doing it seriously. Are you holding btc only? Do you usually buy a whole btc and each one to a different account?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
You seem to be doing it seriously. Are you holding btc only? Do you usually buy a whole btc and each one to a different account?

Serious enough to setup this site! I believe the average investor isn’t prepared for what’s coming, and I hope we can help them out with that when the migration to crypto picks up. Reddit isn’t the place for the average investor to learn about crypto IMHO.

I have BTC and a few alts. Most alts are junk though. They won’t survive. I’ve bought BTC in fractional amounts typically as I’ve accumulated. I use both ledger and Trezor HW wallets, approved single coin wallets and some on exchanges. Spread things around for safety.

My password is PW1234 if you ever want to check out my balances. :D

The 1 whole bitcoin was something a relative wanted me to do for them. Not understanding the market and how it works, they wanted 1 bitcoin. Not a set dollar amount, 1 bitcoin.

So we bought the dip in June 2017 at $1908 and they want to hold long term. It’s stored offline in a hardware wallet address.

I urged them to sell above $18k but they wouldn’t. I urged them sell 0.25-0.5 then, and they wouldn’t. I sold off some of my holdings then, but obviously not enough.

My biggest regrets are not unloading XRP near $3 when I’d bought at $0.17. Still have a nice gain, but it was $3!!! It all happened so fast I was mesmerized like all the other investors. Not a mistake I usually make in the stock market world.

My first painful crypto lesson.

Last edited:

NorthenLights

Contributor
Serious enough to setup this site! I believe the average investor isn’t prepared for what’s coming, and I hope we can help them out with that when the migration to crypto picks up. Reddit isn’t the place for the average investor to learn about crypto IMHO.

I have BTC and a few alts. Most alts are junk though. They won’t survive. I’ve bought BTC in fractional amounts typically as I’ve accumulated. I use both ledger and Trezor HW wallets, approved single coin wallets and some on exchanges. Spread things around for safety.

My password is PW1234 if you ever want to check out my balances. :D

The 1 whole bitcoin was something a relative wanted me to do for them. Not understanding the market and how it works, they wanted 1 bitcoin. Not a set dollar amount, 1 bitcoin.

So we bought the dip in June 2017 at $1908 and they want to hold long term. It’s stored offline in a hardware wallet address.

I urged them to sell above $18k but they wouldn’t. I urged them sell 0.25-0.5 then, and they wouldn’t. I sold off some of my holdings then, but obviously not enough.

My biggest regrets are not unloading XRP near $3 when I’d bought at $0.17. Still have a nice gain, but it was $3!!! It all happened so fast I was mesmerized like all the other investors. Not a mistake I usually make in the stock market world.

My first painful crypto lesson.
Thanks for the comprehensive answer! I'm not that big in crypto, I mean I'm just starting and learning things so trading, for example, is a dark deep forest to me.

nazakethussain

Contributor
Well sounds very intersting and realistic.. thats a great news for investors.. the prices are gradually increase and it seems that it will hit 20k in future..