22 European nations form blockchain coalition

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat

“In the future, all public services will use blockchain technology. The blockchain is a great opportunity for Europe and the Member States to rethink their information systems, to promote user trust and the protection of personal data, to help create new business opportunities and to establish new areas of leadership, benefiting citizens, public services and companies.”

That’s a boldly positive statement. It sounded like less regulation and more like cooperation and consistency were the focus. At least that’s how I read it. Seems like a lot of positive news like this is getting released over the last few months. We got through US tax season. Time for a rally?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
“In the future, all public services will use blockchain technology. The blockchain is a great opportunity for Europe and the Member States to rethink their information systems, to promote user trust and the protection of personal data, to help create new business opportunities and to establish new areas of leadership, benefiting citizens, public services and companies.”

That’s a boldly positive statement. It sounded like less regulation and more like cooperation and consistency were the focus. At least that’s how I read it. Seems like a lot of positive news like this is getting released over the last few months. We got through US tax season. Time for a rally?

Good points. The US seems to be taking a reasonable approach lately which I hope allows growth and development.

Taxes remain an issue though as I mentioned in the tax thread. Imagine using a coin for storage, image creation, video or music distribution or any of the many functions of a blockchain and then having to report each use as a taxable transaction. It has to change.