Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Wants Bitcoin to be World's Single Currency

Covesting

Contributor
Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak spoke to CNBC at the Money 20/20 conference currently happening in Amsterdam, Netherlands right now, where the former Apple exec said that Bitcoin is the only “pure digital gold,” hoping that one day Bitcoin becomes the world’s single currency.

In the interview, CNBC asked “Woz” about his beliefs in cryptocurrency and if he agreed with what Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey’s comments about Bitcoin becoming the Internet’s global currency.

"I buy into what Jack Dorsey says, not that I necessarily believe it's going to happen, but because I want it to be that way, that is so pure thinking.”

Full story here

Covesting

Contributor
There will be more than one. Hopefully not a lot more though. We don’t need fragmentation in crypto since it is supposed to solve that same problem in global fiat currencies.
Yes, that's for sure. And something tells me bitcoin is here to stay, and its leadership is hard to beat.

Covesting

Contributor
Several of the top 10 will survive. But #’s 50-1400? Few will make it. Only if they have a utilities that have demand. So much junk.

At the same time, more coins will appear, as ICOs still enjoy demand, but this time they will be of a different nature. I guess coins backed by some assets will enjoy growing demand, also, some utility tokens used for loyalty programmes, such as LavkaLavka's Biocoin

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Didn’t the Woz sell all his bitcoin last year or earlier this year?

If so, it seems disingenuous. Not as bad as C Lee selling all his litecoin near the high while still talking it up, since Woz already had his millions from developing good products. Still, put money where your mouth is Steve. Buy bitcoin today, buy bitcoin tomorrow. Buy bitcoin.

;)

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Didn’t the Woz sell all his bitcoin last year or earlier this year?

If so, it seems disingenuous. Not as bad as C Lee selling all his litecoin near the high while still talking it up, since Woz already had his millions from developing good products. Still, put money where your mouth is Steve. Buy bitcoin today, buy bitcoin tomorrow. Buy bitcoin.

;)

The linked article said he owns one bitcoin and 2 Ethereum. Not clear on whether he still owns some or sold it all making massive life changing gains in the process.

:)