Bitcoin Custody Service Will Be Launched Soon

pepeg

Contributor
While Bitcoin ETFs are still being rejected by regulators, a new crypto product for traditional investors maybe underway: Bitcoin custody service, which can mitigate risks involved in cryptocurrency.

Fidelity Moves to Launch Bitcoin Custody Service as a First Crypto Product for Big Investors | AllStocks Network

If indeed this crypto product will roll out, it can make a significant change to the crypto industry. It can really bring traditional investors with a lot of buying power into this arena, and consequently bring crypto further into the mainstream!

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Coinbase offers a custody solution for small investors as well as one designed for much larger institutional investors.

And yet the market yawned when the Coinbase Custody product went active. I guess the more the merrier, but the markets don’t seem to take many positives out of the news recently.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Coinbase offers a custody solution for small investors as well as one designed for much larger institutional investors.

And yet the market yawned when the Coinbase Custody product went active. I guess the more the merrier, but the markets don’t seem to take many positives out of the news recently.

Fidelity, Goldman Sachs and others stand a bigger chance of bringing in small retail investors than Coinbase. I still remember wondering if I was safe buying my first Bitcoin from Coinbase 2 years ago.

No one will be nervous about storing their coins at fidelity. At least not until the price drops 30% in 2 days. :(

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Fidelity, Goldman Sachs and others stand a bigger chance of bringing in small retail investors than Coinbase. I still remember wondering if I was safe buying my first Bitcoin from Coinbase 2 years ago.

No one will be nervous about storing their coins at fidelity. At least not until the price drops 30% in 2 days. :(

I’ve been disillusioned about the markets lack of any positive response to all of the large custody solutions moving in. We kept hearing how that’s what keeps institutional players out of the markets. Well now we have options, and no one seems to be interested.

I’m not one of those get rich quick with bitcoin types. I think those people ruined the whole market. But I did expect more bounce from the new options being introduced.

Maybe 2019 will fair better. I still think only a few quality coins will be around in 3 years though. Too much useless junk out there. Maybe it needs to get pared down before investors will regain bitcoin confidence.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I’ve been disillusioned about the markets lack of any positive response to all of the large custody solutions moving in. We kept hearing how that’s what keeps institutional players out of the markets. Well now we have options, and no one seems to be interested.

I’m not one of those get rich quick with bitcoin types. I think those people ruined the whole market. But I did expect more bounce from the new options being introduced.

Maybe 2019 will fair better. I still think only a few quality coins will be around in 3 years though. Too much useless junk out there. Maybe it needs to get pared down before investors will regain bitcoin confidence.

I don’t know that the average investor even knows who has custody of their stock certificates or where a mutual fund keeps its underlying assets.

So to them, buying bitcoin is as simple as whether they trust Coinbase and think bitcoin will have value. 3 years ago everyone moved coins off of exchanges and into private wallets; paper, hardware, multisig, etc.

In 2017, everyone bought and just left coins on the exchanges. In 2018, everyone lost money and sold their coins. My guess for 2019? Investors move in by buying through Goldman or Fidelity or open Coinbase and Bittrex accounts, and the coins never leave those accounts.

Hardware wallet sales are booming. That will be short-lived and will crash hard by mid 2020. By then, people will have crypto accounts they trust or phone wallet apps that are secure and easy to use, and they won’t want another device to deal with.