Bitcoin price hits $9k over the weekend

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
As I sit here late at night in the eastern US, I've been watching bitcoin prices steadily climb on CoinMarketCap and on GDAX trading page. $9k is a psychological barrier, though, and nothing more. $10k is the price everyone wants to see. I suspect we'll get there before the end of 2017. But, like every other major rise this year, there will likely be 1 or 2 more pullbacks of 15-20% before we do.

At $10K, I would expect some profit-taking. But there are likely institutional investors on the sidelines ready to move in over the next 18 months. Prices could get a huge boost from that.

Exciting times indeed. Comments?

Reactions: job

Cryptorated

Contributor
The value of bitcoin has remained relatively stable after dropping below the $15,000. The cryptocurrency hit a record high when it passed the $19,850 mark in mid-December, but tumbled rapidly, falling to below $12,000 within days. Its value shifted unpredictably over the following weeks but has recovered somewhat since the turn of the year.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
The value of bitcoin has remained relatively stable after dropping below the $15,000. The cryptocurrency hit a record high when it passed the $19,850 mark in mid-December, but tumbled rapidly, falling to below $12,000 within days. Its value shifted unpredictably over the following weeks but has recovered somewhat since the turn of the year.

From the looks of things on Reddit and also on some other sites I hang around on that aren’t crypto related it sounds like a lot of people are trying to get verified on exchanges still. Lots of delays. Maybe big institutional money moving in over the next several months too.

The market got way ahead of itself in December. This relative stability is prob good for bitcoin.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
From the looks of things on Reddit and also on some other sites I hang around on that aren’t crypto related it sounds like a lot of people are trying to get verified on exchanges still. Lots of delays. Maybe big institutional money moving in over the next several months too.

The market got way ahead of itself in December. This relative stability is prob good for bitcoin.

I’ll cautiously agree but wild swings can happen anytime in crypto. Altcoins have been volatile lately but bitcoin isn’t immune to sudden 30-40% swings or even flash crashes.

The first flash crash I experienced was the mid June 2017 40% one day drop. There are a lot of new bitcoin buyers since that one. Wonder how they’ll handle a flash crash should it occur.

Guesses?

micheal

Contributor
The slow slide of bitcoin has surprised according to cryptocurrency experts, who - although familiar with price volatility - are not so comfortable with a steady and rather lifeless price fall. Now, Bitcoin moves lower yet again, now trading at $7,900 and down from $13,275 since the beginning of the year.

Denise Gallegly

Contributor
TOP CRYPTO NEWS — April 26, 2018

www[dot] coindesk[dot]com
1. The 17 Millionth Bitcoin Is About to Be Mined
Bitcoin’s limited supply is about to get a bit more limited. Barring an unforeseen event, the 17 millionth bitcoin is likely to be mined in the coming day, data from Blockchain.info show, a development that would mark yet another milestone for the world’s first cryptocurrency. That’s because as per bitcoin’s current rules, only 21 million bitcoins can ever be created. Now only 4 more million Bitcoins left to be generated. Read more at CoinDesk.
2. Chilean Court Orders Banks to Re-Open Cryptocurrency Exchange Accounts
Chile’s anti-monopoly court recently ordered two major Chilean banks to re-open the accounts of one of the country’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Buda. Buda’s lawsuit continues against 10 Chilean banks, including the two ordered to re-open its accounts. The exchange sued the banks after its accounts were closed in a move it dubbed “arbitrary” and “unjustified.” Read more at CCN.
3. Mt. Gox moves 16,000 BTC and 16,000 BCH coins out of its wallets
You can expect some serious volatility in the cryptocurrency market over the next few days if history is any indication. Mt. Gox, one of the most controversial exchange platform which was declared bankrupt and which went down in 2014, along with 850,000 of its user's Bitcoin — has moved another huge batch of its remaining funds to consolidated wallets. Mt. Gox has moved 16000 BTC from its cold wallet addresses today. The wallet has moved 2000 BTC eight times today and has been moved to various accounts. Read more at TheNextWeb.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Can it finally pop back through the $10k mark his weekend?

I say yes. Tax seasons are done, large companies are quietly moving in, media reports seem to be largely positive.

Let’s get on a run to top 2017’s record breaking run.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Bitcoin pops back from $10k very nearly.:oops:

It was frustratingly close to popping through $10k, only to fall back. Still, with Coinbase announcing extensive hardware upgrades and workforce increases, Goldman Sachs planning to offer crypto, and other large financial firms likely to follow, $10-15k will be seen before the end of June.

In my opinion of course. Usual disclaimer this is not investment advice and I own bitcoin..