Bitcoin price Marches upwards

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Seeing a little surge in bitcoin price to start the month. Is it sustainable through the weekend? Are we prepping for a faster run a little later in the month? I think so.

Major alts aren’t following bitcoin rises yet though. ETH, XRP, and LTC just swinging back and forth in a narrow range.

Personally I see another run up in XRP with LTC and ETH losing slightly or remaining stable for awhile.

Disclaimer: I own all 4. I don’t trade but I do try to time buying opportunities so I posted this in the trading section.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Bitcoin holding onto its gains so far. Everything else in top 10 pretty flat today.

And then 4 days later drops by $2k. I still wish I’d sold at $20k although I might not have gotten back in at the right time.

I think all the new investment products being announced like index funds of crypto and the new single coin Grayscale funds for ether and bitcoin cash will bring in new money and move things back up for those willing to wait 6 months.

I’m pointing to late April as the next big boom. All this tax stuff has everybody spooked on other websites. April 15th might matter to the market and could be when play resumes. Lol.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I’m pointing to late April as the next big boom. All this tax stuff has everybody spooked on other websites. April 15th might matter to the market and could be when play resumes. Lol.

I’ve wondered about this actually. We’ve shared our tax articles everywhere in Reddit and those have the most hits on the site. Other articles started popping up everywhere after the first of the year. Maybe taxes are keeping things down. That would fit with decreasing trading volumes too. If you don’t sell, you don’t owe taxes.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Very little upward movement now.

I’ll be happy when I finally see anything I own going up. And the whole market for that matter.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Well this thread title has certainly not been applicable over the last 2 weeks.

My bad.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
My sentiment-o-meter is noticing more and more negative posts on Reddit and more people "advising" others to sell now and buy back later.

Soft sign of nearing the market bottom in my opinion. I can still recall all the posters who just bought bitcoin in December asking how long it would take for their investment to double or triple. That was a sure sign of a nearing market top.

I suspect we bounce around for a week or so and then see a climb through April.

Always keep in mind random posts on the internet and social media have no more authority or legitimacy than any other source of investing info. This isn't meant to be investment advice, just discussions.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Ok so now my thread title applies.

Too bad it marched down before it Marched “upword (sic-my bad)”.

Where does it March from now until April?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
April charts look a lot like the end of March charts so far. Slight bump yesterday followed by price weakness again today. What kind of news will it take to move markets upward? It seems like most of the bad news is already reflected in market pricing. Taxation, regulation, legislation, ICO restrictions...the list goes on and on.

So will we see some positive news and positive market response after April 17th (US tax day?)

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
April charts look a lot like the end of March charts so far. Slight bump yesterday followed by price weakness again today. What kind of news will it take to move markets upward? It seems like most of the bad news is already reflected in market pricing. Taxation, regulation, legislation, ICO restrictions...the list goes on and on.

So will we see some positive news and positive market response after April 17th (US tax day?)

April looking a little better now.

It’s a little quiet in here the last few days. I expected the rally to spur more interest in the ongoing market threads.

Tax day effects over now? Or did many just skip it or file an extension?

I admit, I’m filing an extension tomorrow. There’s no way to get it all done now. First extension request I’ve ever made. This stuff got complicated quickly with the December tax plan.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member

It’s a little quiet in here the last few days. I expected the rally to spur more interest in the ongoing market threads.

I admit, I’m filing an extension tomorrow. There’s no way to get it all done now. First extension request I’ve ever made. This stuff got complicated quickly with the December tax plan.

No doubt. The December runup was ridiculous. Like we’ve talked about, I’m hoping the next run occurs at a slower and sustainable pace.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member

No doubt. The December runup was ridiculous. Like we’ve talked about, I’m hoping the next run occurs at a slower and sustainable pace.

I’ll be so happy once US tax day has passed and we can focus on growth again.

I noticed increasing media coverage of crypto prices and relationship to US taxes. It seems we were ahead of the market experts on this one guys.

And I’m moving this thread to general topics and correcting your title misspelling. ;)