BUY SOME, SELL SOME, AND HOLD SOME

Noor Shafaq

Contributor
Kind of new formula to me. I always think about holding everything for really long time and I wont sell unless and until my goal of profits has been reached successfully. Problem is, when you go for such strategies you may end up selling everything or you may just not hold them for longer enough if you kept thinking that you have to sell something. Well things may match in the long run and thats why I only keep single option open. Either you HOLD it or you just go for the swing trading, thats all.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Always have an end Point or goal for investing. Take gains off the table gradually as prices rise. Too many people get caught up in how high can things go and forget to sell part of their holdings when prices rise. If a coin doubles or triples, it makes sense to take some of those gains out and let the rest ride. Set price targets and define fractions that you want to sell at each target. Then stick to your plan.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Always have an end Point or goal for investing. Take gains off the table gradually as prices rise. Too many people get caught up in how high can things go and forget to sell part of their holdings when prices rise. If a coin doubles or triples, it makes sense to take some of those gains out and let the rest ride. Set price targets and define fractions that you want to sell at each target. Then stick to your plan.

A lot of buyers didn’t follow this in January. Many should have. Hindsight is of course 20/20, but anyone who stuck to a set plan and sold as market rose would have locked in big gains and remaining holdings would be investing with “house money.”

Good advice but hard to plan for and stick with. $20k! Why not $30k? $50k? More?

Sell a little at a time. If price pulls back, buy a little back.