coin exchanges

erikag

Contributor
someone told me that they can move money from abroad to the u.s. in the following manner,

From abroad the money comes into non account in US, we have some set of accounts we use, and we might decided to get it to another country account then transfer it in to the US through a coin exchange.

could they be telling the truth or be lying to me as far as how they could move money around assuming its a lot of money? can someone please tell me what they think about this claim? rsvp. thank you.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Your info is incomplete. Your question isn’t fully explained.

You can move money anywhere in the world for the most part. You can send money from a bank in another country to a bank in the US via wire transfer fairly easily. You can go the opposite way as well.

You can move money into and out of exchange accounts from any country that exchange is legally operating in.

So the answer to the basic question is “yes.”

erikag

Contributor
Your info is incomplete. Your question isn’t fully explained.

You can move money anywhere in the world for the most part. You can send money from a bank in another country to a bank in the US via wire transfer fairly easily. You can go the opposite way as well.

You can move money into and out of exchange accounts from any country that exchange is legally operating in.

So the answer to the basic question is “yes.”
but what if its a lot of money like in the hundreds of millions of dollars? rsvp

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
but what if its a lot of money like in the hundreds of millions of dollars? rsvp

Someone who has hundreds of millions of dollars would already know how to move that kind of money around.

But that’s the market Ripple is targeting. Again though, I don’t understand what you’re asking. You can move money into and out of the US in many legal ways.

If you’re hinting at money laundering and hiding massive assets, then this site isn’t the place to ask. I don’t know the answer, don’t care to know or look up that info, and won’t allow that type of info to be discussed here. But your post just asks how to move large amounts of money.

You do it in many different ways. It isn’t illegal to move legally obtained money into and out of the US unless the other country is under an embargo or the other country tightly controls money flow.

If someone is trying to dodge taxes, then again this site isn’t going to address that. We believe in following all regulations, and support protective regulations that the US has implemented to protect investors from scams and to shut down financing terrorism, tax evasion, etc.

erikag

Contributor
Someone who has hundreds of millions of dollars would already know how to move that kind of money around.

But that’s the market Ripple is targeting. Again though, I don’t understand what you’re asking. You can move money into and out of the US in many legal ways.

If you’re hinting at money laundering and hiding massive assets, then this site isn’t the place to ask. I don’t know the answer, don’t care to know or look up that info, and won’t allow that type of info to be discussed here. But your post just asks how to move large amounts of money.

You do it in many different ways. It isn’t illegal to move legally obtained money into and out of the US unless the other country is under an embargo or the other country tightly controls money flow.

If someone is trying to dodge taxes, then again this site isn’t going to address that. We believe in following all regulations, and support protective regulations that the US has implemented to protect investors from scams and to shut down financing terrorism, tax evasion, etc.

well, let me ask you this instead because i asked the wrong question right from the beginning......... what i meant to ask was this. if someone told me that they can move money this way, but what if the money is coming from an offshore trust to the u.s.? would they still be able to do this if their money was coming from an offshore trust or not? similar to an offshore bank account. would they be telling me the truth or lying to me about moving money from an offshore trust which has some money in it? can you at least give me your opinion on this? rsvp

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
You can move money into the US from an offshore trust. But that’s assuming the money was obtained legally and all tax obligations have been kept up with.

So legal money can be legally moved regardless of the amount. There will be paperwork and questions. There may need to be proof of source and tax filings. But it is allowed.

OTOH, if it’s money parked in an offshore trust to avoid taxes, then Watch Out! It will be confiscated, taxes and penalties taken, and possible fraud and tax evasion charges follow.

But legal money can be transferred around the world legally.

Personally I like Ripple’s idea though. Move millions of dollars for pennies in fees. Much better than what banks and investment trusts are going to charge you.

Good luck either way.

erikag

Contributor
You can move money into the US from an offshore trust. But that’s assuming the money was obtained legally and all tax obligations have been kept up with.

So legal money can be legally moved regardless of the amount. There will be paperwork and questions. There may need to be proof of source and tax filings. But it is allowed.

OTOH, if it’s money parked in an offshore trust to avoid taxes, then Watch Out! It will be confiscated, taxes and penalties taken, and possible fraud and tax evasion charges follow.

But legal money can be transferred around the world legally.

Personally I like Ripple’s idea though. Move millions of dollars for pennies in fees. Much better than what banks and investment trusts are going to charge you.

Good luck either way.
well thats exactly my point. the person who told me this told me that he can even do it if its money which is of unknown origin. would he be telling the truth or simply lying in his own tracks? im confused here and i have to humble myself to you because you probably know more than i do or else i wouldnt be asking in the first place............. rsvp.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
well thats exactly my point. the person who told me this told me that he can even do it if its money which is of unknown origin. would he be telling the truth or simply lying in his own tracks? im confused here and i have to humble myself to you because you probably know more than i do or else i wouldnt be asking in the first place............. rsvp.

I don’t know. I don’t follow how to illegally move money. It’s not something I do, read about or plan for. It’s not something I have a need for. So if you’re asking me whether you should trust criminals, I can’t answer.