Coinbase ETC trading and new instant buying

BitFit

Contributor
The latest from Coinbase today indicates ETC trading will start tomorrow!

Ethereum Classic (ETC) is launching on Coinbase Pro

We announced final testing for Ethereum Classic (ETC) last Friday, with a goal of accepting ETC transfers for exchange users by Tuesday August 7th. Our testing has gone according to plan and we will be launching ETC support first on our exchanges, and then at Coinbase.com. Our launch will proceed in four stages: transfer-only, post-only, limit-only, and full-trading mode.

Ethereum Classic launches first on Coinbase Pro
We are beginning the launch of ETC on our exchange at Coinbase Pro. We plan to add support for ETC at Coinbase.com when sufficient liquidity is established. We expect this to occur approximately 1–2 weeks after trading begins on Coinbase Pro.

As background, we recently split GDAX into Coinbase Pro and Prime. Coinbase Pro is our exchange for individual traders, and Coinbase Prime is our exchange for institutions. Institutional customers will be contacted directly from the Coinbase Prime team. Unless you have received an email from our institutional team, if you traded on GDAX you are a Coinbase Pro user.

The Stages of the Ethereum Classic Launch
There will be four stages to the launch as outlined below. We will follow each of these stages independently for each new order book: ETC–USD, ETC–BTC and ETC–EUR. If at any point one of the new order books does not meet our assessment for a healthy and orderly market, we may keep the book in one state for a longer period of time, or suspend trading as per our Trading Rules.

1. Transfer-only. Customers will be able to transfer Ethereum Classic beginning at 10am PT on Tuesday August 7th. Traders cannot place orders and no orders will be filled on these order books. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for 24–48 hours.
  2. Post-only. In the second stage, customers can post limit orders but there will be no matches (completed orders). Order books will be in post-only mode for a minimum of 10 minutes.
  3. Limit-only. In the third stage, limit orders will start matching but customers are unable to submit market orders. Order books will be in limit-only mode for a minimum of 10 minutes.
  4. Full trading. In the final stage, full trading services will be available, including limit, market, and stop orders.
One of the most common requests we receive from customers is to be able to trade more assets on our platform. Ethereum Classic is just a first step in that direction. We announced last month that we are exploring a number of other assets to add to the platform, and customers should expect to see similar announcements when we are exploring new assets to add to the platform.

Along with changes in account limits and instant deposit and trading policies. Big day for crypto. Will the markets react positively?

Buy and sell immediately and higher daily limits – The Coinbase Blog

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I split your post. Here’s the 2nd part. The length can cause problems for the site. Thanks for sharing the info.

Here’s the link. Buy and sell immediately and higher daily limits – The Coinbase Blog

Today we’re announcing immediate trading and significantly higher default limits for Coinbase accounts. Starting today, we are rolling out the ability to trade cryptocurrency immediately after a purchase — no more waiting five days for funds to settle. Most customers will also see their trading limits increased to $25,000 per day. This functionality will be available for US customers over the next few weeks.

Empowering customers to trade when they want

Millions of people turn to Coinbase to get started buying and selling cryptocurrencies. But when someone makes the decision to sign up, they don’t want to wait days before they can start buying cryptocurrency. While we do support instant transfers via wire transfer and debit cards, purchases via direct debits from your bank account can take days to appear.

With this update, customers will receive an immediate credit for the funds being sent from their bank account. They can then buy and sell crypto to and from their USD wallet right away, but cannot send their funds off the Coinbase platform until the funds coming from their bank have settled.

We are also increasing limits for the majority of our US customers. Until now, the maximum allowable purchase was $25,000 weekly. For verified customers, the limit will now be $25,000 daily, a 7x increase over our prior limits. And once your funds are transferred to Coinbase, there are no longer any limits to how much you can buy or sell at a time.

We’ve begun making these updates available and are now beginning to roll them out more broadly. They will be available over the next month to US customers who have completed the identity verification process with Coinbase. Customers who have not yet completed this process will be required to do so before having access to instant purchases, new trading limits and the ability to withdraw or send coins off-platform. We’ll also be working hard to bring these same improvements to our customers around the world.

1*GESNDt0aVf2moNDze3yppQ.png

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Thanks both of you for the updates.

The rest of crypto world is probably getting tired of our Coinbase coverage though. Anyone have anything written up on other exchanges we could use either for the Forums or as a feature article for the home page? Other readers welcome to reply as well. We pay for features. PM me here please. Thanks.

Our Coinbase Pro how-to user’s guide
Buying crypto with Coinbase Pro - The Cryptocurrency Forums

Last edited:

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Also would like to add that @CryptoTC uses a good idea of setting off the copy pasted parts of an article along with the link so that the original author and site gets credit for the info. I do the same.

We aren’t trying to plagiarize here; just discuss the topics. For those SEO experts, most of the forums content isn’t currently being indexed, so we aren’t playing a game with content from others. Just easing my conscience a little. Of course, Coinbase blog wants the PR, I sure. And we aren’t an affiliate or involved with Coinbase at all.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Also would like to add that @CryptoTC uses a good idea of setting off the copy pasted parts of an article along with the link so that the original author and site gets credit for the info. I do the same.

We aren’t trying to plagiarize here; just discuss the topics. For those SEO experts, most of the forums content isn’t currently being indexed, so we aren’t playing a game with content from others. Just easing my conscience a little. Of course, Coinbase blog wants the PR, I sure. And we aren’t an affiliate or involved with Coinbase at all.

Remember I got that idea from you. I like setting off certain text with colored fonts. I tried the sizes but the 1-3 sizes are small. Default is 4 I guess, but 5-7 look big. I could try regular text in 5 and quotes in 4.

Also I edited @BitFit post using the brown quoted text.

Has anyone been notified of these changes in their personal accounts via email from Coinbase? I’m not seeing any changes yet.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Remember I got that idea from you. I like setting off certain text with colored fonts. I tried the sizes but the 1-3 sizes are small. Default is 4 I guess, but 5-7 look big. I could try regular text in 5 and quotes in 4.

Also I edited @BitFit post using the brown quoted text.

Has anyone been notified of these changes in their personal accounts via email from Coinbase? I’m not seeing any changes yet.

Are you using Coinbase or the GDAX/Pro account? I think you won’t see any changes there but just in Coinbase. I mean about the instant buy stuff. Is anyone able to buy ETC yet?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Are you using Coinbase or the GDAX/Pro account? I think you won’t see any changes there but just in Coinbase. I mean about the instant buy stuff. Is anyone able to buy ETC yet?

Pro but I have no money in there right now to try a trade.

:confused:

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat

Update: I can buy ETC today. I’m not, but I could. :D I don’t want any honestly. I don’t see the future there.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Update: I can buy ETC today. I’m not, but I could. :D I don’t want any honestly. I don’t see the future there.

I’m not buying anything now but if I did it wouldn’t be Classic ETH. Seems like just another coin for trading. When this market all shakes out, might be only 10 cryptos that matter anymore. Getting ridiculous ugly out there.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I’m not buying anything now but if I did it wouldn’t be Classic ETH. Seems like just another coin for trading. When this market all shakes out, might be only 10 cryptos that matter anymore. Getting ridiculous ugly out there.

To clarify Ethereum Classic is ETC and Ethereum is ETH. No such thing as Classic ETH. We don’t need to confuse things any more than they already are.