Coinbase Pro to replace GDAX interface

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Looks like I’ll be revising our wonderful GDAX guides. Sigh...

GDAX is now Coinbase Pro – The Coinbase Blog

Anyone familiar with GDAX should have no problems switching to CB Pro. See screenshots below.

“Today we’re announcing that GDAX — our professional trading platform for individuals — will evolve to become Coinbase Pro.

Since launching in 2015, GDAX has built liquidity and stability in the space and also helped us understand the needs of active crypto traders. Switching to the name Coinbase Pro is a recognition that the individual active trader requires a product completely dedicated to their specific needs.

The platform will offer professional trading tools and services, delivered through a completely reengineered UI that will make the trading experience easier and more intuitive.

Anyone with an existing individual account on GDAX will automatically become a Coinbase Pro member.

Institutional customers can take advantage of our suite of products that were announced last week.”

Screenshots in portrait and landscape mode on iPad.

XbK1TNR.jpg

TGvVGQN.jpg

Compare this to GDAX

V6SKDTb.jpg

Last edited:

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I prefer the darker background of Pro. Any idea when it’s replacing GDAX? I’m sure they won’t run them side by side for very long.

Have you reached out to Coinbase?

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
The press release is vague about when GDAX might become unavailable.

Pro is buggy on my phone. I have to tap charts types several times to get it to switch. Is this a beta version or ready to use for trading? I haven’t made any trades with it yet. Anyone else making trades?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Extra info quote from CCN about Coinbase growth and the recent products.

“The exchange now manages over 20 million customer accounts, which is nearly as many as Fidelity Investments and twice as many as Charles Schwab, according to a report by the Washington Post.

Also, in much the same manner that has spanned the history of traditional asset managers, Coinbase is spanning the entire vertical of investor types, from average retail customers to large hedge funds. As evidenced in a CCN report last week, Coinbase announced the launch of several software and custodial tools for institutional investors like hedge funds.”

Full article https://www.ccn.com/a-giant-grows-l...ut-as-many-customers-as-fidelity-investments/

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
June 29th will be the last day GDAX will be supported.

Dear GDAX Customer:

On Friday June 29, we say goodbye to GDAX and hello to Coinbase Pro. To take full advantage of this upgrade, we recommend you start using pro.coinbase.com now.

Coinbase Pro is a new interface built on top of the existing GDAX trading engine. As a result, your entire account history and all balances will be shown on Pro. No action is necessary from you.

1. Any balances in your GDAX wallets will automatically be shown on Coinbase Pro
  2. Any trading history on GDAX will automatically be shown on Coinbase Pro
  3. Accessing GDAX.com after June 29 will result in being redirected to Coinbase Pro
GDAX API Integrations:

1. There will be no disruption to the gdax.com API during this time. GDAX APIs will continue to function until December 31, 2018.
  2. We encourage Coinbase Pro users to begin migrating their API usage away from api.gdax.com to api.pro.coinbase.com.
Coinbase Pro is currently live and we encourage all users to update their bookmarks and try our upgraded trading experience today.

Try Coinbase Pro
Please see our FAQ and blog post for more information.

Thank you,

The GDAX Team

Emma Lee

Contributor
Best I can tell Coinbase Pro and GDAX are identical except for the look and feel. So... what's the deal? Why does Coinbase Pro exist?