Common scams explained

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
In a new thread by @The CC Forums in this section, there is a YouTube video on specific recent crypto scams. That jogged my memory of seeing Chris Dunn talk about general scam types. I thought I’d share that here to help beginners and maybe even experienced investors.

He covers scam ICO’s, Ponzis and pump and dump along with crypto “influencers.” That last category is a more subtle form of scam if the influencer or associates are looking to sell after an artificial price hike. Illegal in stocks but frequent in the unregulated world of crypto.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Great thread, I hope more people see this. It's very necessary, many people fall into scams :s

I’m glad to see it’s still up after the Christmas crypto video purge and regurge by You-Rubes.

Their new content policies are all over the place now. One minute it’s a strike, the next it isn’t. Similar videos are treated differently. One gets taken down while another just like it stays up.

I think YT has some challenges on its hands going forward if they want to remain on top of the video hosting game. Creators don’t want to be at their whim.

benjonas222

Contributor
According to blockchain analytics firm Chainalysis, scammers made a record $14 billion in cryptocurrencies in 2021, thanks in large part to the rise of decentralised financing (DeFi) services.

When the money is virtual, falsifying data is simple. Scammers use fake information to attract investors to buy crypto assets in little-known cryptocurrency projects.

oli-taylor

Contributor
Getting back stolen or scammed cryptocurrencies can be challenging, and there's no assurance of success. At least I felt that when I lost mine. I was scammed by another crypto recovery service but yet I tried another one. Good thing I have reached a great team of experts from Lionsgate that helped me. Yet, each results vary so I can only share mine.

lovehateNFT

Contributor
In the crypto world lately, its almost impossible not to fall victim of all the various scams out there and its really thoughtful that initiatives about scam companies like this are set up to rescue people from these crooks. In addition, I would also recommend a licensed fraud analyst who had helped me out in recovering my funds sometimes last year, Dr Suzanne (Saren55 on telegram), she was able to make use of adequate proofs that i provided to enforce this recovery and I was able to get back my loss. Anyways, it was not an easy task but most importantly she got the job done.