Crypto-economics: Buzzword of the year 2018

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Very much worth the time. Mainstream media will pick up another buzzword for 2018.

From Devcon 3 Cancun 2017

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Bump

Cryptoassets rather than cryptocurrencies. I’ve talked to many people and had many arguments online with people,who think all cryptos are trying to replace fiat for simple buying and selling. None of them get the concepts of blockchain’s many other uses and why tokens or coins exist to incentivize the underlying nodes.

Many people keep throwing out the tired cliche that blockchain is valuable but Cryptocurrency is useless. Maybe “Cryptoassets” and “Cryptoeconomics” will catch on to help the mainstream media and investors understand that it’s more than replacing dollars with litecoins.

What say you, fellow crypto enthusiasts. Does,the terminology matter?

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Bump

Cryptoassets rather than cryptocurrencies. I’ve talked to many people and had many arguments online with people,who think all cryptos are trying to replace fiat for simple buying and selling. None of them get the concepts of blockchain’s many other uses and why tokens or coins exist to incentivize the underlying nodes.

Many people keep throwing out the tired cliche that blockchain is valuable but Cryptocurrency is useless. Maybe “Cryptoassets” and “Cryptoeconomics” will catch on to help the mainstream media and investors understand that it’s more than replacing dollars with litecoins.

What say you, fellow crypto enthusiasts. Does,the terminology matter?

I read the book recommended in another thread here but feel in need to read a few times to get it to sink in. Really new arena. Young people are picking up on it quicker but I wonder how many know what investing really involves.

Many years in the stock market have taught some of us seasoned investors some good lessons but crypto is so unlike anything we’ve seen. I agree with everybody who says a lot of this is junk. I survived the tech boom and bust in the 80’s and 90’s. Crypto buyers will need to learn the lessons of patience and long term holding in crypto just like any other investments.

A lot of money was made too easily too early. There will be more pain and fallout. It’s the next phase I’m waiting for. Not sure I’ll be able to recognize it until it’s too late. Being successful in one year is easy. Gotta do it for 25 yrs or more to retire comfortably.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I read the book recommended in another thread here but feel in need to read a few times to get it to sink in. Really new arena. Young people are picking up on it quicker but I wonder how many know what investing really involves.

Many years in the stock market have taught some of us seasoned investors some good lessons but crypto is so unlike anything we’ve seen. I agree with everybody who says a lot of this is junk. I survived the tech boom and bust in the 80’s and 90’s. Crypto buyers will need to learn the lessons of patience and long term holding in crypto just like any other investments.

A lot of money was made too easily too early. There will be more pain and fallout. It’s the next phase I’m waiting for. Not sure I’ll be able to recognize it until it’s too late. Being successful in one year is easy. Gotta do it for 25 yrs or more to retire comfortably.

The Burniske and Tatar book is a great start towards creating a system of valuation. The market needs to move beyond the pump and dump mentality as it draws big money from institutions and Wall Street. Look at the recent Poloniex acquisition by Circle as more evidence big companies are coming. Once the moves are made, valuation systems will likely be proprietary. They’ll all create their own models and market simulations.