Crypto Markets 2019. What’s next?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
From the front page article, where do you see things going over the next 10 months?

Do you agree that way too much crypto junk arose in 2017-18? Or do you think the world needs these coins and more?

Crypto markets: Where do we go from here? - The Cryptocurrency Forums

Check out our editorial and then get back in here and pat us on the back for being spot on. Or argue with us till we cave in and agree with everything you say. Or just share your opinions in a nice logical well spoken post. Rare on the internet, but we’d like it!

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I see the market downturn continuing. Out of 1800+ cryptos probably 25 have real world application. That’s a huge weight of money tied up in uselessness dragging down the market

In stocks, we’d see bankruptcy and the stock become worthless. Or trading on the major exchanges would just stop, causing everyone to pull their money out.

In crypto there is no bankruptcy. The projects just keep whatever tokens they have. Trading does slow down and tokens are removed from exchanges, but there are so many small exchanges and so many unregulated methods of trading coins for cash that these tokens will linger for years, drawing attention away from real progress.

Take a good look at the entirety of CMC. There will be 25 left standing in 2022. The growth will come from the next round of new companies that integrate a blockchain solution into an existing problem and likely raise money the old fashioned way first with rounds of private funding.

The rest of blockchain value will be trapped inside large companies who adopt logistics, Authentication, and payment systems into their already existing structures. Amazon will use crypto, but not as their own separate token. You won’t be able to invest in Amazon’s blockchain tech except by buying Amazon stock.

You will have independent logistics tokens that exist and thrive because they can’t be controlled by any one country or company, but how do you monetize that? How do you increase value of a tracking token? They can mint as many as they need, each unique. What causes one to double in price?

I’m having trouble seeing investment value in many cryptos now or in the future. Someone convince me that I’m wrong.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I see the market downturn continuing. Out of 1800+ cryptos probably 25 have real world application. That’s a huge weight of money tied up in uselessness dragging down the market

I’m having trouble seeing investment value in many cryptos now or in the future. Someone convince me that I’m wrong.

Smart contracts, transactions, Dapps and micro transactions in games. Look, I’m old. It’s right there in my name. I don’t game. But I have adult kids who do. In game currencies will be popular, but I’m not sure how that translates to real world financial value unless it leads to more sales of the games.

Smart contract platforms will come along owned by specific companies. In other words, despite trying to eliminate the middle man, a middle man will implement a blockchain crypto contract solution to its customers and then sell it as a service. But the platform value won’t rise or fall based on market trading, the company will have value based on the customers it attracts to use its product.

Transactions. Face it the world needs one universally accepted currency. It is coming. It will exist. But it won’t be an investment opportunity except for large arbitragers playing small differences in exchange rates because it will largely be a stable coin. It has to be in order to work.

Dapps, probably games at first, will be built on the the platform coins. If there are enough Dapps running on ethereum, for example, demand for the token used in the Dapp might rise. Demand for ethereum might increase price.

But otherwise creating money from nothing in the crypto world is dead. Like the article says. The world figured out you can’t do that (again,) the world has a short memory.

I don’t see much happening in crypto in 2019. I think 2020 comes along before any price increases. And then only in a few currencies.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Let’s not overlook the effects the IRS had on the crypto market. When I first got involved two years ago, I couldn’t believe the misinformation being spread about non-taxed gains, easy to hide money, etc.

So I started our series of articles on the real rules regarding taxation and crypto.

Probably didn’t make a lot of friends starting our site with that focus, but maybe kept some people out of trouble. Now that the myth of tax free gains has been dismissed, investing in crypto seems to have dropped to just a few diehards.

Maybe the next round, which I’ll call a flight to quality after the term used in the stock market, will bring smarter money with better analyses and longer term focuses. That would seem to be positives to look forward to for the rest of us.

Thoughts on taxes and who comes into crypto next?

CryptoNow

Contributor
I also agree with the point that there are a lot of useless coins. It is because the ICO startups look like an easy way of getting money and a lot of scam projects appear. Hope soon the process of crypto projects creation will be more strict and that will be the solution to make the crypto market more clear and transparent.

liamwild

Contributor
I think cryptocurrency is still becoming more and more popular and won't stopped.
have you been to Blockchain life?
Cant give you a photo for some reasons buuuut
I have been to Blockchain 2018 in Russia a year ago and I truly amazed by the speakers and speeches at this conference
one go them told that cryptocurrency is still able for only 7% of all world populations and other 93 % still doesn't know what it is
By the way, reeeeally good conference!!