Cryptocurrency news

efrain

Contributor
Hey everyone, I have just found a "pump and dump" group.
Essentially, we all buy a coin at the same time to create artifical growth. Once the coin is at a high enough point it starts attracting other investors which contribute more to the growth. Once the coin has hit a goal, everyone sells and makes a profit! If you would like to jointoo just simply download "Telegram" app and search for NextGenerationPumps
link: https://t.me/nextgenpumps

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I am newbie and I have found below mentioned sites helpful in my studies. Kindly, review the same and suggest me some new sites too. Sites are:

https://www.cryptocoinjudge.com/
https://www.icotokennews.com/
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency
Coinschedule: ICO List Of The Best Crypto ICOs and Token Sales

Welcome to our site. We hope to end up on some lists eventually, too.

I also use

Coindesk
Crypto Coin News
CoinTelegraph

You have to keep in mind most sites have biases including this site. It’s unavoidable. Some news services are owned by crypto exchanges that only sell certain coins or that have large investments in certain coins. Coindesk is owned by DCG which owns Coinbase and a lot of XRP for example. My company, Blockchain Web Group, is not affiliated with any other site or service. But our authors will still have biases and own certain coins.

Use multiple sites and make decisions based on more than one source and you’ll be fine.

Alice Walker

Contributor
Coinbase will soon provide support for erc20 tokens. This is great news. I always wondered why this pioneering companies are slowing adding more coins on their portal. Isn’t crypto world supposed to be super fast. I hope a lot more fiat-crypto exchanges start adding more coins to their kitties.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Coinbase will soon provide support for erc20 tokens. This is great news. I always wondered why this pioneering companies are slowing adding more coins on their portal. Isn’t crypto world supposed to be super fast. I hope a lot more fiat-crypto exchanges start adding more coins to their kitties.

It's going to be interesting though. They are only going to support selected ERC20 tokens, not every token. This will cause some to claim they are promoting certain tokes, and that might be correct. I'm waiting to see what they support and how they plan on handling it.

Hopefully they've invested heavily in infrastructure and support with last year's fund-raising rounds.

Alice Walker

Contributor
I had a recent argument or more of a discussion with a friend over the recent move by Twitter to ban cryptocurrency ad. I think this move is great because of late I have seen a lot of people fall for flashy ICO ads with shallow promises. While my friend thinks that these moves by Twitter, Facebook and Google will hamper the growth of cryptocurrencies but I personally think such moves will help the genuine folks in stealth building of their projects and since these projects add value, I am sure, they will eventually see the light of the day. What do you guys think?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I had a recent argument or more of a discussion with a friend over the recent move by Twitter to ban cryptocurrency ad. I think this move is great because of late I have seen a lot of people fall for flashy ICO ads with shallow promises. While my friend thinks that these moves by Twitter, Facebook and Google will hamper the growth of cryptocurrencies but I personally think such moves will help the genuine folks in stealth building of their projects and since these projects add value, I am sure, they will eventually see the light of the day. What do you guys think?

I’ve been a harsh critic of scams and disguised ICOs that are pure money grabs, and I agree you are spot on about elimination of those as a positive. Unfortunately though, promoting this site has been limited or blocked on some services.

Reddit links don’t result in much interest here. Or if they do, it’s very short with attention to one article. Twitter strips any links I put in tweets, but I’m not sure that’s their real intent. I have a couple of Twitter accounts for personal and business use. Sometimes I can tweet URLs to this site and sometimes I can’t. Even with shorteners and links to legitimate articles.

So it’s a double-edged sword. Hard core early crypto enthusiasts and investors see any move as consirship though.

Alice Walker

Contributor
Oh My oh My..the crypto prices are falling down. Some say it is because of the twitter crypto ad ban. But do you guys really think that would have affected the prices and so many say the prices are correcting. But what is the correct price and who or what determines the correct price. Are you guys still HODLing? I am a little worried now.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Oh My oh My..the crypto prices are falling down. Some say it is because of the twitter crypto ad ban. But do you guys really think that would have affected the prices and so many say the prices are correcting. But what is the correct price and who or what determines the correct price. Are you guys still HODLing? I am a little worried now.

I am indeed holding but only 4 different coins that I believe have long-term possibilities. If prices can stay down until after tax day, I’ll be a buyer of the same coins. Just not before then.

Alice Walker

Contributor
Highlights of Justin Sun (Founder Tron) Twitter Live Address:

Justin went live for the launch of the most awaited TRON Testnet network.
His talk covered the following areas:

an introduction of TRON’s products, technologies and team members
Technology progress of TestNet and the Outlook of MainNet and its expected release on May 31st
Introduction to the P2P technology
Reward for developer contributors: ongoing and future plans
Display of blockchain explorer, wallet and other products.

Currently TRON is a 100 member team and this team is expected to grow as new employees from Alibaba, Amazon and Tencent are expect to join TRON’s team. The Tron Mainnet is expected to go live in 2 months time and all TRON projects will be migrated to this network including the ERC20 token which will be distributed in the 1:1 ratio.

Alice Walker

Contributor
Ether cryptocurrency to be capped? Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin has made an EIP (Ethereum Investment Proposal) to put a cap on Ethereum cryptocurrency. He suggests to cap it to 120,204,432 which is 2x the number of ethereum sold in its sale in 2014. Vitalik believes this move will bring the much required economic sustainability to the cryptocurrency. Ethereum is soon going to ditch the proof-of-work model and implement a sort of proof-of-stake algorithm called Casper. Do you guys think this is a wise move?

micheal

Contributor
The Bitcoin price achieving an increase of nearly 6% and extending as high as $7,132 on Bitfinex during intraday trading. At present, the Bitcoin price is valued at $6,930, which translates into a $118 billion market cap and a 45.3% share of the total cryptocurrency market cap.

Alice Walker

Contributor
I think the ease of transaction provided by companies like shapeshift and changelly is the primary reason why most people prefer their services and not to forget their anonymity factor. But don’t you guys think that they should support more coins and stuff. This service called CoinSwitch[dot]co claims to support 300+ coins. I stumbled upon this blog that compares between changelly, shapeshift, evercoin and coinswitch https://blog.coinswitch. co/shapeshift-vs-changelly-vs-ever coin-vs-coin switch-e4768e43ef0

Alice Walker

Contributor
This time Floyd Mayweather was Knocked Out (KO):

Centra Tech ICO has been under the scanner. The SEC alleges the Floyd Mayweather backed ICO of being an unregistered security offering and it also goes on to say that its founders Sohrab “Sam” Sharma and Robert Farkas “engaged in fraudulent conduct and made material misstatements and omissions designed to deceive investors.” The ICO had raised $32 million last year through an ICO. This was followed by KuCoin and OKEx delisting them.

The SEC further alleges that a lot of partnership claims made by Centra are nothing but a plain white lie. These partnerships included big names like Visa, MasterCard, and Bankcorp. All these institutions have sent several cease and desist order to the company. For Centra, imagination knows no bound, even some of its team members are fictional. Not sure if they drew their inspiration from Miroskii, who earlier used an image of Ryan Gosling for Kevin Belanger, their fictional graphic designer. Seriously, Ryan - freaking - Gosling!! The folks at Miroskii must be nuts to have done that.

But what is concerning is the fact that celebrities are endorsing ICOs without enough due diligence. The public blindly invests their money hoping that their favorite celebs know what is the best for all of them. In case of Centra, it was Floyd Mayweather and DJ Khaled. A point in case is Paris Hilton’s endorsement of Lydian ICO and not to forget John McAfee revelation of charging$105,000 per promotional tweet for ICOs

The SEC has come up with subtle guidelines for such endorsements. It states “Any celebrity or other individual who promotes a virtual token or coin that is a security must disclose the nature, scope, and amount of compensation received in exchange for the promotion. A failure to disclose this information is a violation of the anti-touting provisions of the federal securities laws.” We can expect stronger laws in this regard in future.

What really needs to improve is the quality of investors investing in ICO. Most investors consider ICO to be a ticket to quick money and invest without understanding the consequences. Investors are expected to understand the vision of the ICO aka “Why are they raising money?” And check for the credibility of the founders and see if all of their claims such as partnerships/prototypes do exist in reality. It is difficult to assess all of these parameters factually but a good amount of digging should help.

About Coinswitch:

CoinSwitch.co is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange aggregator. It provides exchange service of 275+ coins and over 45,000 pairs from leading exchanges like ShapeShift, Changelly, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Evercoin, Changer and KuCoin. It provides an easy way for users to trade coins across multiple exchanges based on price and reliability. Started on June, 2017, Coin switch has successfully executed 175K trades and has been able to drive volumes of more than 1 million USD per day across these exchanges.

Happy switching :)

micheal

Contributor
This time Floyd Mayweather was Knocked Out (KO):

Centra Tech ICO has been under the scanner. The SEC alleges the Floyd Mayweather backed ICO of being an unregistered security offering and it also goes on to say that its founders Sohrab “Sam” Sharma and Robert Farkas “engaged in fraudulent conduct and made material misstatements and omissions designed to deceive investors.” The ICO had raised $32 million last year through an ICO. This was followed by KuCoin and OKEx delisting them.

The SEC further alleges that a lot of partnership claims made by Centra are nothing but a plain white lie. These partnerships included big names like Visa, MasterCard, and Bankcorp. All these institutions have sent several cease and desist order to the company. For Centra, imagination knows no bound, even some of its team members are fictional. Not sure if they drew their inspiration from Miroskii, who earlier used an image of Ryan Gosling for Kevin Belanger, their fictional graphic designer. Seriously, Ryan - freaking - Gosling!! The folks at Miroskii must be nuts to have done that.

But what is concerning is the fact that celebrities are endorsing ICOs without enough due diligence. The public blindly invests their money hoping that their favorite celebs know what is the best for all of them. In case of Centra, it was Floyd Mayweather and DJ Khaled. A point in case is Paris Hilton’s endorsement of Lydian ICO and not to forget John McAfee revelation of charging$105,000 per promotional tweet for ICOs

The SEC has come up with subtle guidelines for such endorsements. It states “Any celebrity or other individual who promotes a virtual token or coin that is a security must disclose the nature, scope, and amount of compensation received in exchange for the promotion. A failure to disclose this information is a violation of the anti-touting provisions of the federal securities laws.” We can expect stronger laws in this regard in future.

What really needs to improve is the quality of investors investing in ICO. Most investors consider ICO to be a ticket to quick money and invest without understanding the consequences. Investors are expected to understand the vision of the ICO aka “Why are they raising money?” And check for the credibility of the founders and see if all of their claims such as partnerships/prototypes do exist in reality. It is difficult to assess all of these parameters factually but a good amount of digging should help.

About Coinswitch:

CoinSwitch.co is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange aggregator. It provides exchange service of 275+ coins and over 45,000 pairs from leading exchanges like ShapeShift, Changelly, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Evercoin, Changer and KuCoin. It provides an easy way for users to trade coins across multiple exchanges based on price and reliability. Started on June, 2017, Coin switch has successfully executed 175K trades and has been able to drive volumes of more than 1 million USD per day across these exchanges.

Happy switching :)

Yeah!! you are right @Alice Walker. Investors are expected to understand the vision of the ICO aka “Why are they raising money? But a simple person just see their profit just. They didn't go in deep what would be the advantages and disadvantages of it.