Crytos declined a lot because of market manipulators not hacking issues?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
The crypto space is far easier to manipulate than I ever imagined when I first get involved in early 2017.

And far more tribal. “My coin is best” is the prevalent message. The rest are uselss.

Very few people want to see overall progress. Far more simply want to shill a coin to profit and move on, or create a sham project, get some funding and then move on.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I agree manipulation is strong.

That’s why I asked some questions about trading bots because I can’t tell by just looking which way markets may be heading from patterns on charts. But maybe a well-programmed bot can see what bitcoin did last time volume dropped greater than 25% while price declined 5% and then it could buy or sell.

But it would have to be a good proven bot with a proven record and open code so no one can steal money. And there’s no public research on them.

Maybe the bots are being used by whales to manipulate. In that case I want their bots! :D

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I agree manipulation is strong.

That’s why I asked some questions about trading bots because I can’t tell by just looking which way markets may be heading from patterns on charts. But maybe a well-programmed bot can see what bitcoin did last time volume dropped greater than 25% while price declined 5% and then it could buy or sell.

But it would have to be a good proven bot with a proven record and open code so no one can steal money. And there’s no public research on them.

Maybe the bots are being used by whales to manipulate. In that case I want their bots! :D

Bots can’t learn from past market experiences or take the news into consideration. They can only trade per a defined set of criteria. The user has to program the rules. Think of bots just as a fast extension of the trader who wrote them. If that trader is successful, then bots theoretically increase her successes or speed them up at least. They don’t always help.

BitFit

Contributor
Market manipulation. Wall Street wants in at a good price and has to wait for some rules changes.

How low and how long are my questions now.

OwlChick

Contributor
Yes, trading robots are very influential in cryptocurrencies, just look at how the price behaves when it reaches the MA 50/100/200 or EMA 50/100/200 on that you can really build your trading strategy. Who does not understand how trading bots work, I recommend to get into it as soon as possible, for example start with reviews on them (here is a link to help with that). Knowing the functionality of robots you can already guess what actions they can do in the market.