Facebook Acquires the Blockchain Startup Chainspace

pepeg

Contributor
The social network mammoth Facebook has made its first blockchain related acquisition by hiring the team behind the blockchain startup Chainspace.

Facebook Acquires the Blockchain Startup Chainspace for its University College London Team | AllStocks Network

Isn't it exciting news that such a huge tech company such as Facebook is entering the crypto space? I wonder how it is going to impact the crypto industry, which would certainly be affected by a giant like Facebook.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I’m not going to get excited about anything Facebook does in the crypto realm. They’ve tajen such draconian steps to block all things crypto all the while with lingering rumors they want their own coin.

Facebook can shove their crypto plans up their Likes hole for all I care.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I’m not going to get excited about anything Facebook does in the crypto realm. They’ve tajen such draconian steps to block all things crypto all the while with lingering rumors they want their own coin.

Facebook can shove their crypto plans up their Likes hole for all I care.

I’m not a FB fan here myself either. They blocked all of our attempts to promote this site their. Wouldn’t allow paid ads because of all the crypto scams. I applaud that effort honestly, scams were everywhere. But they could’ve reviewed our site to see what it’s about before rejecting it 10 times.

We finally got approval, and I don’t think we ever paid for a post or placed an ad there since being approved.

So FB and crypto? Whatever.

Vla

Contributor
It is interesting that FB was like "against" crypto and now I see news connected with the company almost every day, what happened with them?

NorthenLights

Contributor
Well, they are not actually going into crypto, the blockchain is just a technology. Will see how it will eventually turn out to be.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I honestly haven’t read much about this even though it’s all over the crypto news sites. What exactly is FB going to do with a currency? Allow FB purchases? Do people sell on FB?

I’m FB ignorant on purpose, I hate the platform. Can someone explain what a FB coin is for? It might help our other readers too. I can read up on it, but not using the platform puts me at a disadvantage to fully understanding it.

NorthenLights

Contributor
I honestly haven’t read much about this even though it’s all over the crypto news sites. What exactly is FB going to do with a currency? Allow FB purchases? Do people sell on FB?

I’m FB ignorant on purpose, I hate the platform. Can someone explain what a FB coin is for? It might help our other readers too. I can read up on it, but not using the platform puts me at a disadvantage to fully understanding it.
I don't use Facebook either, although I've got an account there and visit it once a month or rarer ahah
Yes, purchases services and peer-to-peer transfers I guess