FundRequest = Dev Solutions ⌨️

adamgdev

Contributor
Even if you are not a dev, you should appreciate what FundRequest (FND) is doing. Here is some context. I will assume that if you are reading this article you are a blockchain enthusiast or actively in the space. This assumption would lead me to believe that you understand the importance of open source projects in the blockchain industry.

The backbone of most open source projects is GitHub, a widely-used code repository, which is built on top of Git. GitHub allows devs to build projects/solutions as a team (sharing, rewriting, merging and testing code) regardless of where they are located. Brave, MakerDao, Augur, as well as Bitcoin and Ethereum all have GitHub repositories. GitHub is also used by individuals or small teams to build FREE solutions for almost any code based app/product. i.e. “Wordpress plugins, skins for your favorite app, logic for an app that you use for business/pleasure.” So how does FundRequest fit in?

It provides a way to incentivize open source teams to work on unresolved bugs, flaws, and feature requests — known as “issues” on GitHub. With FundRequest you can add funding to any issue that’s posted on GitHub. Any developer can then resolve the issue, and claim the funds. Before Fundrequest, your only option was to beg and hope that others agreed with you. Now, you can create powerful incentives to encourage developers to prioritize issues. Adding incentive systems to open source projects is a sweet spot for crypto, and FundRequest is doing a good job of hitting it.

1*PZe9LeJuSNH0_ZZzTX58Mg.jpeg

Boosting Open Source by rewarding contributions.
Let’s say I am mining ETH on a private network and it isn’t going so well. I do some research and head over to the go-ethereum GitHub repo and find this issue; “mining on private network is not working #17518.” I look at the code and it appears that this is the problem that I am having. I wish the Ethereum dev team would get around to this…WAIT, I have FundRequest!

1*9sqrT176H2SAMeZer18LeA.jpeg

Boosting Open Source by rewarding contributions.
You can now request a dev to help work on a repo to get a bug fixed. The process is pretty straight forward. My colleague JP shows you how to in this short video. You will need to have some FND,create an issue for the bug you want fixed, you then fund the issue (through a smart contract). Now a dev will decide to answer your request and once the request is completed the dev receives the FND. If you have a favorite token that you hold, FundRequest allows projects to fund with their custom token. Learn more about that here

If you were wondering where to purchase FND, Ethex.market is happy to announce that we just listed FND. Why are we happy? Because FundRequest is a project that has shipped a working product on the Ethereum blockchain. This is no easy feat. Ethex.market is a (True) DEX that only lists tokens for project that not only have a mainnet launch, but ALSO has a token that is useful in the project’s respective token economy.

1*nsnksNke4MEn5JRzYQeedQ.png

Ethex
Even if you are not a dev, it’s easy to appreciate the problem that FundRequest is solving. It is innovation like this that is giving the blockchain space credibility. The team looked at a real world problem, thought of a solution, built and shipped a product that addressed said problem. My hat is off to the team. Though it seems that blockchain is everywhere, this is a project that has delivered and is bringing value to the world.