Google Bans Cryptocurrency Related Advertising, SEC Probe Tightens

Harsh Bhutani

Contributor
Staff member

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the latest news updates. It seems that the Korean stance will help Ethereum and token markets some since ICO’s have been under attack (and rightly so IMO.). Hopefully their will be some guidance to get away from all the get rich quick ICO’s of the past 6 months.

It’s been posted somewhere else here, but I expect more countries to be reasonable with crypto regulations because they know that tight restrictions will fail and will drive business to other countries. They want to tax and control, but they don’t want to drive blockchain technology out of their country because then they’ll miss out in tax and control. :cool:

The same is true for each of the 50 states here in the US. Sporadic reports of certain states passing friendly regulations may grow into a positive movement.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
It’s been posted somewhere else here, but I expect more countries to be reasonable with crypto regulations because they know that tight restrictions will fail and will drive business to other countries. They want to tax and control, but they don’t want to drive blockchain technology out of their country because then they’ll miss out in tax and control. :cool:

The same is true for each of the 50 states here in the US. Sporadic reports of certain states passing friendly regulations may grow into a positive movement.

I was just coming here to post the same thoughts. Countries should stimulate growth in crypto rather than stifle it.

Here’s to hoping it stimulates the market too.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Just FYI, Twitter is on the same path as Google. I tried sharing links to our forums, links to site articles and links to the Ledger giveaway. All my tweets with links were blocked from getting posted.

So I’ve set up a legit site with legit motive in a legit investment arena, but now I can’t share the links anywhere to raise awareness.

ICO’s and scams knocked crypto down hard. But I guess the whole point of decentralization is to prevent companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook and others from controlling information and transactions. Maybe this will have a stern opposite affect on crypto. Strike back against the BS info control rules.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I hadn’t heard the ICO stuff out of Korea. That could be good news for Ethereum since Asia is a big market for crypto, #2 maybe?

But there need to be rules or will just get out of hand again like last year. But companies will move ICO’s to ICO friendly countries anyway so somebody was bound to let them keep happening.

lubosold

Contributor
Google claims that they ban this adverts because a lot of people were clicking in this ads, decided to invest and lost money. So they say that they want to protect people from losing money on crypto. Seems like a stupid excuse because there are tons of other adverts which can make you lose your money somehow. I'm wondering what's the real reason of banning this ads

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Google claims that they ban this adverts because a lot of people were clicking in this ads, decided to invest and lost money. So they say that they want to protect people from losing money on crypto. Seems like a stupid excuse because there are tons of other adverts which can make you lose your money somehow. I'm wondering what's the real reason of banning this ads

It’s only a matter of time till crypto web sites are impacted in the search rankings too. This site may be affected by any Google actions.

And we’re trying hard to remain legit and get an audience. It couldn’t have happened at a worse time for us.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Holding its own today. Gains have been steady. Can we build a market bottom here?

TammyHub

Contributor
Our new policy applies to the advertisement of cryptocurrencies and related content (including but not limited to initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice)," said a Google spokesperson. "This will include ads for aggregators and affiliates for cryptocurrencies," but the policy "will not apply to other blockchain technologies that are unrelated to cryptocurrencies and ICOs.

Btw, Twitter did not comment on the rumors they gonna ban adverts too