Hackers Steal $59 Million In Cryptocurrency From Japanese Exchange

Bloc10Fintech

Contributor

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Why are so many exchanges getting hacked ? Even Binance was hacked recently

Very good question. I understand how individual accounts are hacked: phishing, poor password habits, keyboard monitoring, etc, but these exchanges should have top-notch security measures in place.

Makes me wonder if insiders are involved at some level of the process.

If Charles Schwab, Bank of America, Fidelity, etc can safeguard their holdings, why the hell can’t a crypto exchange have similar security in place?

Neeraj N

Contributor
Very good question. I understand how individual accounts are hacked: phishing, poor password habits, keyboard monitoring, etc, but these exchanges should have top-notch security measures in place.

Makes me wonder if insiders are involved at some level of the process.

If Charles Schwab, Bank of America, Fidelity, etc can safeguard their holdings, why the hell can’t a crypto exchange have similar security in place?
· Binance is lying outright or by omission.

· This article has made me think about binance getting hacked from a different point of view

· Source: Connecting the dots with the Binance "hack" : CryptoCurrency

Teena James

Contributor
its funny to think where can people actually safeguard their money
fiat is governed and spied upon by the government ... crypto can prone to hacking ...
i need a third option..

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Has everyone’s punching bag Coinbase ever been hacked?

In 2017 everyone loved to hate on Coinbase. The fees (half what an ATM or Localbitcoins charged), the slow customer service (millions of new accounts per month), the slow transfer times (banks take 5 days, the bitcoin network was jammed) and so on.

But I can’t remember a full exchange hack on Coinbase. Individual accounts I’m sure. But that’s usually the account holder’s fault. The entire exchange hacked?

Never.