How is Ripple now?

Bitcrypto

Contributor
Ripple is one notable absence from the spate of technologies in which Autonomous Partners is interested, raising concern that the XRP tokens will be treated differently when regulations arrive. ("Ripple NEWS: XRP is 'not a cryptocurrency' - expert warns on 'big dip' in value")

Though Ripple bears the potential to become a digital asset owned by institutional investors in the long run, a short-term dip in the market value is likely to be seen if the SEC categorizes it as a security.("Ripple is dipping today -- what does the future hold?")

How do you think?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I don’t think XRP has to be decentralized to be considered a good investment.

A good crypto? Maybe, maybe not. But it can still be used in the various products Ripple had developed, and that provides enough possibility of price appreciation that I still hold my XRP.

Pointing out the drop from its highs isn’t really relevant. All cryptos are down massive from late January.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Looks like more hate on Ripple to me. Claiming it can’t have value because it isn’t a decentralized crypto is meaningless mumbo jumbo.

My AAPL and MSFT stocks have lots of value that is centralized and completely out of my control. Same with my mutual funds which invest in things I haven’t even heard of yet they make me money.

If XRP can make me money, that’s all I’m in it for. I’m not looking to change the world with decentralized currencies. Anyone who thinks banks and government currencies are going away isn’t paying attention to the real world.

Bitcrypto

Contributor
A few days ago, Ripple released somewhat disappointing figures for Q2'18. Ripple holds a vast amount of the total supply of XRP in an escrow account that will not be fully paid out for the next several years. Q2 saw a sharp decline in Ripple-initiated XRP sales compared to Q1: sales were down 56%, dropping from $168 million worth of XRP sold in the first three months of the year to $74 million sold in the second three months.

BitFit

Contributor
Under $0.35 today. Either this is the buying opportunity of the decade, or we’ve all been duped about XRP use in Ripple products.

Anyone buying today?
Or selling?

Isn’t everything down bad though? Look at all the altcoins down more than 90-95% since last year. XRP right there with them I guess.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Ugly crypto week. Below 0.30 xrp is probably a great buy but I’m just not sure anymore where crypto is going. I’ve seen reports out there about interest in bitcoin dropping drastically. It seems like the whole space blew itself out last year and is now dead. Dead. Dead.

I’m not sure what picks this back up. You guys have reported on all the availability to regular investors and big time money, but markets are blowing this all off.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I’ve seen reports out there about interest in bitcoin dropping drastically.

I’m not sure what picks this back up. You guys have reported on all the availability to regular investors and big time money, but markets are blowing this all off.

True and feeling it here. We launched in Nov after testing in Oct. December was huge then down, down, down. All of crypto seems to be dropping in popularity along with prices. Here’s to hoping things turn around soon.

randalbwilki

Contributor
Greetings,

My name is randalbwilkins I need to buy 3BTC for my uncle… old man is looking towards joining the Blackrock club… please anyone who is ready to sell to us, email me [email here]

Note: scammers keep off, and please we’re using Escrow… so don’t waste our time