Initial exchange offerings

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Will this new method of token release help keep the pure scam projects out and help bring the better projects along? Assuming the exchange does good due diligence, the projects with no hope of ever creating a working product could be weeded out.

Or are they just another method for exchanges to make more money?
Share your thoughts here.

What are IEOs? A Beginner's Guide to Initial Exchange Offerings - The Cryptocurrency Forums

I can see exchanges that will be good at offering only the most promising companies, but I suspect most will do it just to get a slice of the ICO pie from past years.

Security tokens on the other hand intrigue me very much. A crypto offering an ownership stake should make some of the smaller tech startups going through the traditional finance routes think twice.

I’ll probably not find many security tokens that I want right off the bat, but getting in at the first sign of project success or growth will be my target. Let’s get some coverage here on security tokens please.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I can see exchanges that will be good at offering only the most promising companies, but I suspect most will do it just to get a slice of the ICO pie from past years.

Security tokens on the other hand intrigue me very much. A crypto offering an ownership stake should make some of the smaller tech startups going through the traditional finance routes think twice.

I’ll probably not find many security tokens that I want right off the bat, but getting in at the first sign of project success or growth will be my target. Let’s get some coverage here on security tokens please.

And the model is already under fire as an illegal partnership unless registered as a broker-dealer.

From Cointelegraph:

SEC Crypto Czar: Platforms Listing IEOs May Face Regulatory Trouble

Excerpt:

Speaking on IEO, Szczepanik — also known as the commission’s “crypto czar” — argued that platforms seeking to list IEO tokens for a fee and attract buyers for an issuer are likely engaging in broker-dealer activity. Szczepanik said:

“If they are not registered they will find themselves in trouble in the U.S., if they have a U.S. issuer or U.S. buyers, if they are operating on the U.S. market.”

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
And the model is already under fire as an illegal partnership unless registered as a broker-dealer.

From Cointelegraph:

SEC Crypto Czar: Platforms Listing IEOs May Face Regulatory Trouble

Excerpt:

Speaking on IEO, Szczepanik — also known as the commission’s “crypto czar” — argued that platforms seeking to list IEO tokens for a fee and attract buyers for an issuer are likely engaging in broker-dealer activity. Szczepanik said:

“If they are not registered they will find themselves in trouble in the U.S., if they have a U.S. issuer or U.S. buyers, if they are operating on the U.S. market.”

As long as there is an interested party who stands to benefit financially from a new method of fundraising, there will be abuses. Just because a token has been cleared by an exchange review doesn't mean it isn't crap vaporware with no real project. It just means that the exchange got paid to review it, got paid to list it, and then gets paid when everyone trades it.

Not really an independent qualified unbiased and informed endorsement of the underlying asset and project. It's really just ICO's with liquidity and better promotional advantages. I'll stay away.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
As long as there is an interested party who stands to benefit financially from a new method of fundraising, there will be abuses. Just because a token has been cleared by an exchange review doesn't mean it isn't crap vaporware with no real project.

So much truth. So much experience in the Old Man. But a lot of cynicism too. I guess you see a lot over the years, you end up necessarily suspicious of a lot of things.

Just don’t fall for the IRS back taxes or grandkid in jail bail money needed phone frauds, Old Man. You’re in their demographic target. :D

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
As long as there is an interested party who stands to benefit financially from a new method of fundraising, there will be abuses. Just because a token has been cleared by an exchange review doesn't mean it isn't crap vaporware with no real project. It just means that the exchange got paid to review it, got paid to list it, and then gets paid when everyone trades it.

Not really an independent qualified unbiased and informed endorsement of the underlying asset and project. It's really just ICO's with liquidity and better promotional advantages. I'll stay away.

Crypto Coin News takes the side of this being better because of deeper due diligence before listing. Maybe it will turn out to be a positive over the standard ICO model. But I think the ultimate end game for crypto fund raising will be crypto security tokens. Similar to stocks but you can bypass the brokerage storage.

https://www.ccn.com/ieos-raise-half-billion-blockchain-startups

Excerpt:

While initial coin offerings (ICOs) were all the rage during the last bitcoin bull run, initial exchange offerings, or IEOs, have muscled them out of the way. If it weren’t IEOs, the market would have likely found another mechanism, but these appear to be the deal of choice for now.

Funds that previously flowed to ICOs in 2017 are now being redirected into wiser IEOs, as evidenced by the rising trends. IEOs have attracted $518 million across more than five-dozen projects year-to-date, according to TradeBlock data cited in the Wall Street Journal. The rebound in crypto prices has seemingly made the market too intriguing for investors big and small to ignore.

And while it’s not a repeat of the frothy ICO-mania that spread at the height of the token boom, it keeps fundraising alive. This time around, the crypto wheat is increasingly being separated from the chaff, which is helping to remove the stigma that was previously attached to the ecosystem.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Crypto Coin News takes the side of this being better because of deeper due diligence before listing. Maybe it will turn out to be a positive over the standard ICO model. But I think the ultimate end game for crypto fund raising will be crypto security tokens. Similar to stocks but you can bypass the brokerage storage.

IEOs Raise Half a Billion, Keep Fundraising Alive for Blockchain Startups

Excerpt:

While initial coin offerings (ICOs) were all the rage during the last bitcoin bull run, initial exchange offerings, or IEOs, have muscled them out of the way. If it weren’t IEOs, the market would have likely found another mechanism, but these appear to be the deal of choice for now.

Funds that previously flowed to ICOs in 2017 are now being redirected into wiser IEOs, as evidenced by the rising trends. IEOs have attracted $518 million across more than five-dozen projects year-to-date, according to TradeBlock data cited in the Wall Street Journal. The rebound in crypto prices has seemingly made the market too intriguing for investors big and small to ignore.

And while it’s not a repeat of the frothy ICO-mania that spread at the height of the token boom, it keeps fundraising alive. This time around, the crypto wheat is increasingly being separated from the chaff, which is helping to remove the stigma that was previously attached to the ecosystem.

I already see signs of this failing.

Way too much manipulation possible. I won’t be surprised if US citizens are shut out completely very soon.