Malta’s new fintech exchange

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
From Coindesk today:

Malta Stock Exchange Inks Deals to Build Security Token Exchanges - CoinDesk

MSX, the newly launched fintech arm of the Malta Stock Exchange, has inked several new deals aimed at creating new marketplaces for tokenized securities.

The newly inked deal sees MSX team up with Neufund, a platform for securities tokenization and issuance, to build a "regulated and decentralized, global stock exchange for listing and trading tokenized securities alongside crypto-assets," according to a press release.

Is this a competitor to Palladium? Complementary? Unrelated? Or would Palladium tokens be traded on this exchange when they get converted to securities?

@UrbaneUKG or @silk35 Can you help me decode this announcement? Thanks.

Malta has definitely become THE place to be for crypto companies. Here’s to hoping the US can develop reasonable regulations that allow growth rather than suppressing developedment with strict controls and high taxes.

UrbaneUKG

There are definitely competitors for Palladium but we are the furthest along when it comes to planning and implementation. Our services and bank will be available before any of our competitors

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
There are definitely competitors for Palladium but we are the furthest along when it comes to planning and implementation. Our services and bank will be available before any of our competitors

I still don’t follow what the MSX announcement in the OP means though. Is that a generic exchange like NYSE or Nasdaq and then other tokens will get listed, and then Palladium will be like Binance coin and listed there?

Or all of these competing to list all the current coins just like regular exchanges?

I’ve tried to do some more digging on Malta for the thread in the Market News section here, but things quieted down 3-4 weeks ago.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I still don’t follow what the MSX announcement in the OP means though. Is that a generic exchange like NYSE or Nasdaq and then other tokens will get listed, and then Palladium will be like Binance coin and listed there?

Or all of these competing to list all the current coins just like regular exchanges?

I’ve tried to do some more digging on Malta for the thread in the Market News section here, but things quieted down 3-4 weeks ago.

I’ve read and re-read the link. It isn’t clear, but the exchange they’re creating apparently will have its own token traded on Binance. I think we’re getting into some obfuscation there, and like you, I am confused on what they plan to do or offer.

Keep us up to date here or in the Malta news thread if you see more releases on this.

UrbaneUKG

We are not familiar with the MSX plans or announcement, the Malta stock exchange funtions like any other regular stock market right now, and all they announced are plans to do something. Since Palladium is independent of their plans I am the wrong person to ask, the only assumption is that if they trade security tokens then they will list Palladium like any platform that trades securities.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
We are not familiar with the MSX plans or announcement, the Malta stock exchange funtions like any other regular stock market right now, and all they announced are plans to do something. Since Palladium is independent of their plans I am the wrong person to ask, the only assumption is that if they trade security tokens then they will list Palladium like any platform that trades securities.

I sort of guessed that was the case. I figured they will function as an exchange, but it does look like they will be tokenized. That could be similar to Palladium’s plan for a security token.

Interesting times. I’ve been on a tirade about scams and ICO’s lately. Hoping the market matures to the point where only viable projects can get funded. So many failures could have been easily seen before investors sent money.

Hundreds of tokens created for spending on goods and services. None of them are needed. Only specific use cases are needed. UKG hopefully will be one of them since I’m buying this dip tomorrow after funds transfer.

BTW, anyone else getting tired of waiting 4 days minimum for banks to transfer money? Crypto transfers have spoiled me. LOL.