Payment for Social Media Posts

adamgdev

Contributor
1*zy_LoE2kcUpZ5dEZDtKIEw.jpeg

No, you do not need to be Kim Kardashian, DJ Khalid or an Instagram Model (writing Instagram Model makes me feel as dumb as it sounds). Imagine a platform built that rewards every user for the content/pictures that they post. There is one, and it has launched utilizing its own cryptocurrency that allows users to reward others as well as get rewarded.

1*WXR73wxpdsRahKm7-4CEQw.jpeg

Here is Belacam, the brainchild of The Ambia Fund LLC. Belacam is powered by the Ethereum network and has an ERC20 token (BELA). Setting up an account is super easy and requests limited information. Once you get started you can peruse the app through trending topics, other users and #tags. The UI is clean and intuitive making it easy to navigate. Uploading photos is a breeze and is right in line with contemporary social media apps today.

1*mOIJ9QNM2ziyb2EJA9ANmQ.jpeg

When you are surfing Belacam, you can tip people with BELA for their sweet dog, cat, and food pics. If you do not own BELA, you can head over to Ethex.market and purchase some. Bela does not stop there. Once you have some BELA, you can stake your coins to receive passive income. This is great for anyone that wants to invest in this project and also get paid on a monthly basis. You can find out more on how to stake here. Not only can you stake BELA, but you can also share your staked coins with your BFF, GF, mom or whoever you want. This process is called stakeBelaSplit. All you need is an Ethereum wallet and to follow these simple instructions.

“Since Belacam launched in July, we’ve been looking for a reliable decentralized exchange for Bela. Out of all them, we chose to work with Ethex for their transparent vision and developer-friendly principles. We’re excited about getting in on Ethex on the ground floor and look forward to it being a top-tier exchange in the next year!” — Tyler Marx, CEO

Tyler is an NFIB Top 100 Young Entrepreneur and the team includes international support on the dev and community building side. But don't get distracted by their most recent product, Belacam. They are working on other projects that can serve as BaaS (Blockchain as a Service) and international payment solutions. If you want to learn more about the Bela token economy, check out this two pager. Also, their whitepaper is short and to the point explaining how they are a grassroots project that wants to deliver quality products to the community. Come and find me on Belacam so that I can send you some $BELA for those awesome pics that you post.

1*-fE5R927rOHwxU-Cf-V1oQ.jpeg

Ethex.market is happy to announce the listing of BELA. We have been in contact with the team and it has been great to work with them. We share the common interest in the proliferation of the blockchain industry with viable products that will stand the test of time. If you have a similar project that you think would be a good fit for Ethex, please fill out and submit this form.

mina7000

Contributor
According to the speakers themselves, they decided to use the Ethereum blockchain for its ductility, compared to others such as Hyperledger Fabric.

mina7000

Contributor
they decided to use the Ethereum blockchain for its ductility, compared to others such as Hyperledger Fabric.

Rubia

Contributor
So, briefly, the platform allows me to pay for the pictures I like?
Well, I normally pay for pics when I use them for work, for my articles, and when I want to have the rights reserved, you know.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
So, briefly, the platform allows me to pay for the pictures I like?
Well, I normally pay for pics when I use them for work, for my articles, and when I want to have the rights reserved, you know.

I think you’re just tipping the author for posting something you enjoyed, not paying for usage rights. I don’t see big success for this model of content creation. I don’t think it works well for printed articles either.

Time will tell, but professional journalists still produce much better content than most (not all though) amateur bloggers posting on the major hosting sites. The best bloggers have their own domains and monetize their content in better ways than hoping for crypto tips.

I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Has anyone tried it yet?

That’s a good question. I have not. I would love to hear from someone who has.

With so many different social media outlets and options, it will be difficult to break into that business and be successful.

Has anyone used Ethex yet? We appreciate their informative posts here and hope they continue, even though we discourage purely commercial marketing posts.

I’ve enjoyed the OP’s info, but wondering how their exchange is working out.

@adamgdev Feel free to post a little about Ethex here since you’ve been great at sharing info with us. Off the cuff and not prepared marketing stuff only please. Thanks.

NorthenLights

Contributor
That’s a good question. I have not. I would love to hear from someone who has.

With so many different social media outlets and options, it will be difficult to break into that business and be successful.

Has anyone used Ethex yet? We appreciate their informative posts here and hope they continue, even though we discourage purely commercial marketing posts.

I’ve enjoyed the OP’s info, but wondering how their exchange is working out.

@adamgdev Feel free to post a little about Ethex here since you’ve been great at sharing info with us. Off the cuff and not prepared marketing stuff only please. Thanks.
An interesting idea though

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
An interesting idea though

It is an interesting concept.

Steemit is using the model for longer content. The Kin token was supposed to be used to setup a social media messaging platform with using their token for micropayments and tipping.

What’s the status of that one? I almost participated in the ICO, but decided it was going to be tough to get users for growth and beat out all the other systems

I asked my college age kids about the Kik messenger service in 2017, and they said it was all 13-14 yo girls. I wasn’t sure that demographic could support a tens of millions of dollars valuation for a crypto token, so I passed.

So much fragmentation in social media. Choice and variety is good to a point, keeps things from being a monopoly and discourages censorship. But we probably have too many platforms now. Some won’t survive.

koorper

Contributor
The idea itself is nice, but doubt that it will work out with cryptocurrencies and crypto world in general! Good luck anyways

NorthenLights

Contributor
It is an interesting concept.

Steemit is using the model for longer content. The Kin token was supposed to be used to setup a social media messaging platform with using their token for micropayments and tipping.

What’s the status of that one? I almost participated in the ICO, but decided it was going to be tough to get users for growth and beat out all the other systems

I asked my college age kids about the Kik messenger service in 2017, and they said it was all 13-14 yo girls. I wasn’t sure that demographic could support a tens of millions of dollars valuation for a crypto token, so I passed.

So much fragmentation in social media. Choice and variety is good to a point, keeps things from being a monopoly and discourages censorship. But we probably have too many platforms now. Some won’t survive.
What a curious reseacrh. Yes, it's hard to withstand in such a competition.

Litvi_Me

Contributor
Where are these coins for 'likes' kept? In my wallet? And if I want to 'like' a photo I will lose a coin, or what?
I don't get how it works