Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 26-50%

• Over 50%

• Total voters

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Interesting question. Please no one answer with exact dollar amounts or values.

What % of your total investment portfolios have you committed to crypto?

You can answer in terms of the original cost basis, such as I started with X% but price appreciation has outpaced my other investments, so I now have Y%. Or just give your current %. I’m talking % of total assets not including house, cars or other things included in your net worth.

I’ll start: I allocated 1.5% to crypto on cost basis spread over several months last year. Price appreciation took that to 4% quickly. I sold, mostly in 2018, taking it back down to 2%.

Anyone else willing to share?

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I hate to admit this but I put less than one percent into crypto. Most of that in bitcoin, Ethereum and xrp. I don’t see many other coins worth buying even at these low prices. I’m sure some will go on to big things and big growth but I can’t commit to big dollars at my age.

Perfectly fine for younger investors to have up to 5% in most cases or even 10% for risk takers. I stay concerned when I read social media posts from younger people who have 50-100% in crypto. Maybe they’ll get lucky but it isn’t the smartest way to invest for the future. Stocks and mutual funds aren’t going to fail anytime soon.

BitFit

Contributor
I’m less than 3% crypto. Too risky for me to go higher. It would be interesting to add a poll about age versus crypto allocations. Anyone know how to have 2 polls, once asking age and one crypto % together in same question?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Three votes. Man I had higher hopes for participation.

But I’m down to 1% crypto right now. Half in bitcoin, the rest in ETH, XRP and UKG. Yeah, yeah I know it’s been horrible. But it’s down so far now that I’d only be selling it for the tax loss write off, which I don’t need this year. So I keep holding it since they actually have a working platform. I keep hoping esports gambling approvals will accelerate.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member

But I’m down to 1% crypto right now. Half in bitcoin, the rest in ETH, XRP and UKG. Yeah, yeah I know it’s been horrible. But it’s down so far now that I’d only be selling it for the tax loss write off, which I don’t need this year. So I keep holding it since they actually have a working platform. I keep hoping esports gambling approvals will accelerate.

I voted. So you jumped 33% in your participation numbers. Big move in one day. Just like with crypto.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker

I’m still right at 1%. Stock market gains have outperformed the few cryptos I hold except bitcoin, so the allocation floats right around 1%. Not really a big risk. If the stock market returns 10% and crypto goes to zero, I still have a 9% return that year. But then again, it isn’t going to make me rich either.

Spencer Rhodes

Contributor
Diversification is a good method to protect your crypto portfolio, For example, if you have 1000$ to invest then the best way to invest is 70% of that money in Bitcoin and 30% in low-cap altcoin because low-caps has massive chances of growth it can pump 100X any time.