Scammed by a fake bitcoin trading platform (https://bitcointransaction.net)

Doba572

Contributor
I was contacted by a person called Anny and after some time she proposed to start trading on a platform bitcointransaction.net. The proposed "2-way-trading" was supposed to bet on the rise or decline of the price of a cryptocurrency e.g. BTC. The trading was happening by using USDT, which were transferred from another exchange platform (crypto.com). Howver they are using other known platforms like Binance or OKX as well. After a time the they my account and requested to pay 50.000 USDT to unfreeze it. The significant amount of money I invested before is now frozen or better to say gone. I'm currently looking for other victims of this scam. If you are victim of this platform you can contact me as I'm trying to build a group to allow an investigation.

You can contact me vial email at Doba572@proton.me

Don't pay any additional money to them, as this is a typical Pig Butchering. Also most of the recovery companies will scam you again.

Lindsey101

Contributor
If you've fallen victim to an investment scam website, it can be devastating to lose your hard-earned money. However, all hope is not lost - there are steps you can take to recover your funds.

Firstly, it's important to gather as much information as possible about the scam website. This includes any communication you may have had with them, transaction details, and any other relevant information. This will help in your efforts to recover your funds.

One of the first steps you can take is to report the scam website to the appropriate authorities. This can include filing a report with your local law enforcement agency, as well as reporting the website to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), depending on your jurisdiction.

Another option is to enlist the help of a professional recovery service like Recovery101@cyberdude.com. They have a team of experts who can assist you in recovering your funds from the scam website. They can also advise you on the best course of action to take based on your specific situation.

It's important to note that recovery can be a lengthy process, and it may take some time to get your funds back. However, with persistence and the right resources, it is possible to recover your crypto assets from an investment scam website.

In the future, it's important to exercise caution when investing in the crypto market. Always do your research on any platform or service before investing your money, and never invest more than you can afford to lose. By being diligent and aware, you can help protect yourself from falling victim to investment scams.