SEC and ETFs

Habiba Aziz

Contributor
I'm seeing responses to this selloff focus on the SEC's decision to postpone the ETF. People are saying things like "how is it possible that postponement of a decision can lead to a selloff like this? " I can't be the only person unsatisfied with the lack of a clear answer to that.

Part of the answer I'm providing to myself is that there is more than one reason we are selling off right now. I'm entertaining the possibility that the SEC decision isn't even the most important factor in this selloff.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I think markets are looking for negative news all the time now. Positive news doesn’t really bump prices but anything negative wrecks the markets.

Big money investors can already move into the space. Retail investors can set up exchange accounts at 3-4 easy to use places now, or they can buy some of the Grayscale funds. More of those will open to personal investors in the next several months, so I don’t get why ETF’s are huge. Needed for growth, o agree. But the market acts like either we get them and price rises or bitcoin is done for and over.

:cool:

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
ETFs matter to people win stock trading accounts. There are millions of small investors that would probably buy a bitcoin ETF in their TD America and etrade accounts. Those same people won’t open a Gemini or Coinbase account. Finding the grayscale stuff? Forget it if you can’t just buy it on the laptop trading screen.

ETFs will open bitcoin up for a LOT of people. The delay isn’t that bad but approval would be huge. A complete rejection is going to hurt though. Big time. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. I have arthritis, so the rest of you can do that anyway. :D