The downbeat comments from government agencies continue!

Harsh Bhutani

Contributor
Staff member
SEC and Governments Issue Crypto Warnings, Suggest Regulations - The Cryptocurrency Forums

And just when we all thought that the government agencies or central banks were done with negative comments on cryptocurrency, a warning has been issued by the US Securities Exchange Commission on cryptocurrency exchanges. However, the good news is that JP Morgan has changed its stance on Blockchain and has endorsed blockchain for the potential wealth it holds.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
As I said yesterday though, I expect this lull to end by mid-May. I’m sitting tight to ride it out, mainly because I have no more money to use for buying. OTOH, I don’t want to see any big declines from here, since I’ve decided to hold long-term rather than try to trade short-term.

Oh well, I don’t control it anyway. I just want to see where we are in 2019. I’m patient.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
People in the banks and goverments are control freaks and that's why they do criticize crypto so much imo.

I agree but there is also little protection for people who send money to fake exchanges and scams. See BitPetite and BitConnect. Intervention might help with that. But there’s no doubt that control and taxation are big drivers for regulations.

Hopefully governments will keep actions minimal and will stimulate development rather than stifle it. History points to the opposite unfortunately.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
More Congressional hearings on crypto tomorrow.

ICOs Go to Washington: What to Expect When Congress Talks Crypto - CoinDesk

It is both an exciting as well as nerve-wracking time to be involved as a crypto investor and as a startup crypto web site owner.

Let’s all hope for reasonable discussions. I am also interested to see how various US states handle things. Many need to stimulate their economies and encourage growth. Wisconsin appears to be heading in the right direction. https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-w...asset-class-for-cryptos-hopes-to-inspire-feds

This could be a great way for US crypto backers to bolster support and comprehension at local and state levels which may then have some influence on lawmakers in DC.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I think it will take some time for all this to sort itself out. I’m not sure we see any major price spikes until mid-summer. I do think all the hurry up and buy bitcoin buyers have been run out of the markets at this point.

The next wave will start increasing interest as institutions move in over the second half of the year.

Harsh Bhutani

Contributor
Staff member
Another update, the news floating around the wire that Thailand is expected to introduce law regulating cryptocurrencies later this month. Plans to impose 15% withholding tax on gains from cryptocurrency trading.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Another update, the news floating around the wire that Thailand is expected to introduce law regulating cryptocurrencies later this month. Plans to impose 15% withholding tax on gains from cryptocurrency trading.

Thanks for that update. Regulation is mostly about taxation. Tax friendly countries who invite crypto exchanges, ICO releases and crypto based businesses could stand to really boost their economies. Hopefully that will happen along with increasing regulation and taxation.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Ugh! When will things turn around? This is a nightmare for anyone who bought in December and early January. That ends up further eroding confidence which drives prices down and could pick up steam.

Negative news everywhere. Google banning crypto ads. FB already has. Most of them are crap anyway, but the news just keeps being negative.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Ugh! When will things turn around? This is a nightmare for anyone who bought in December and early January. That ends up further eroding confidence which drives prices down and could pick up steam.

Negative news everywhere. Google banning crypto ads. FB already has. Most of them are crap anyway, but the news just keeps being negative.

Patience. The average crypto buyer in 2017 expected big gains and fast money. They thought it was guaranteed. Now more experienced investors will be getting into the market.

Patience. Have it when everyone is in panicking. It works over time. Don’t invest for next week or month. Buy for 2020-2025.