Tips for beginners in crypto

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
In the front page article we emphasize patience but also urge investors to learn the exchange platform tools to help not only with fees but also to take advantage of limit orders to control where you want to buy in.

Tips for beginning crypto investors - The Cryptocurrency Forums

I’m a big proponent of dollar cost averaging which will be the subject of another article soon. Anyone else want to share investing tips you may have brought with you from previous investing experience?

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Great advice there. Younger investors need to at least consider those words. Many have failed in stocks or gold by making the same mistakes. Crypto won’t be any different except the potential for huge losses is greater than with stocks. I’ve never seen a stock go up and down over 50% every few weeks for 2 years like bitcoin. Imagine making the wrong move 2 or 3 times, and you could be out 90% of your starting money. But imagine if you bought bitcoin twice a month last 2 years. I don’t know the $$ analysis but I’d bet you’d be sitting on big gains.

Somebody should do the numbers on that. Somebody better at math than this old man. :D

Covesting

Contributor
Great advice there. Younger investors need to at least consider those words. Many have failed in stocks or gold by making the same mistakes. Crypto won’t be any different except the potential for huge losses is greater than with stocks. I’ve never seen a stock go up and down over 50% every few weeks for 2 years like bitcoin. Imagine making the wrong move 2 or 3 times, and you could be out 90% of your starting money. But imagine if you bought bitcoin twice a month last 2 years. I don’t know the $$ analysis but I’d bet you’d be sitting on big gains.

Somebody should do the numbers on that. Somebody better at math than this old man. :D

Watch this video, it is right about the best tips for beginners