UKG trading vs investing

Trading or long term hodl?

• Trading as fast as I can

• Long term positions only

Results are only viewable after voting.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
OK, original ICO participant here. Stupid me didn’t sell when price skyrocketed in January. Instead, I’ve watched value slowly tumble to $0.06 this past weekend.

I’m now buying at $0.06-$0.085 USD. I’ll gradually add to my holding at these prices. I’m purely long term. Are you guys trading or taking long positions? Thoughts on bottom?

So few ERC tokens will ever get used, this project seems like a no-brainer compared to the dead tokens out there. But Unikrn made a big deal about the tokens not being an investment. Surely actual utility will give them value though.

silk35

Contributor
OK, original ICO participant here. Stupid me didn’t sell when price skyrocketed in January. Instead, I’ve watched value slowly tumble to $0.06 this past weekend.

I’m now buying at $0.06-$0.085 USD. I’ll gradually add to my holding at these prices. I’m purely long term. Are you guys trading or taking long positions? Thoughts on bottom?

So few ERC tokens will ever get used, this project seems like a no-brainer compared to the dead tokens out there. But Unikrn made a big deal about the tokens not being an investment. Surely actual utility will give them value though.
I'm pretty much just holding right now because I don't want to deal with the hassle of taxes. If it does "moon" I'll probably start looking to liquidate some of my holdings. But for now I'm just buying more at this fire sale price.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat

Well, I was WAAAAYYYY off the mark with this one. And judging from their social media releases and Discord discussions, they have zero interest in the value of the UKG token. Their platform may succeed, but their token is dead as an investment. Of course, Rahul told us all that at the ICO, but if everyone had believed him, then no one would have participated.

The idea was to buy tokens to use on the platform for betting. OK, so even with that goal in mind, my “betting power” is only 2% of what it was near the beginning.

So even someone who took his words seriously would have still seen a huge erosion in their token usability. At this point, I may just place all my tokens on a few matches, and if I do win, repeat. Far more likely to increase value this way than to rely on the company to support the initial token buyers who helped build their platform.

Win some, lose some. I’m well-diversified and don’t usually put emotion into the investment equation. But this one is like having the XBox team walk in and tell you they “aren’t going to make anymore games. You have enough already. Just buy our console and play what’s out there. We don’t care.”

Not a fan of Rahul, his business practices, his double-speak, and definitely not his political views spewed out regularly on social media. Unfollowed them all. Holding the token for now because what’s the difference between a 98.5% loss and a 100% loss.

If a functioning token has no value, why will any other crypto be worth anything? Logistics and tracking? Private chains and corporate servers. Amazon, Microsoft, UPS, Fedex, etc. Authentication? Each company will partner with a current blockchain provider or a large corporation to create a proprietary solution only they can implement.

I see a future with 10 cryptocurrencies surviving just as “stores of value” and tools for speculation. The rest are worthless. IMHO of course. Someone tell me I’m wrong.