Using Bitcoin In The Real World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pepeg, Mar 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Litvi_Me

Litvi_Me Contributor

there are not many of them yet though

2. trailingcrypto

trailingcrypto Contributor

I think all of us probably hear a lot about Bitcoin, maybe you own some or know people who own the world's most popular cryptocurrency

kventin.upgrade likes this.
  3. kventin.upgrade

kventin.upgrade Contributor

I hear a sound but I do not know where it comes from

4. Vla

Vla Contributor

It depend on the country, somewhere there are hundreds of them in one city

5. Litvi_Me

Litvi_Me Contributor

Could you give an example?

6. The CC Forums

Staff Member

We talked a little about bitcoin ATMs in our How to Buy Bitcoin article last year.

Easy ways to buy bitcoin - The Cryptocurrency Forums

The locations of bitcoin ATMs are tracked on the CoinRadar site:

Bitcoin ATM Map – Find Bitcoin ATM, Online Rates

Vla likes this.
  7. The CC Forums

Staff Member

Here’s some good news from Coinbase. Their new debit card debuts in 6 countries and allows purchases to be made directly from cryptos in your Coinbase accounts.

Coinbase Card is now available in Europe

Just another baby step towards adoption, but any progress is good for crypto.

For a more thorough look, I recommend this CoinTelegraph article.

Coinbase Card Launches in Six European Countries

As of today, cardholders in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands will be able to use the cards, which sync directly to their Coinbase accounts. The card comes as both a mobile app for iOS or Android, and as a physical card that can be used to withdraw fiat currencies from automatic teller machines.

Coinbase’s new offering purportedly allow users to spend cryptocurrencies they hold at any merchant that accepts Visa cards. Users can decide which cryptocurrency they wish to use to make a payment in the app, while Coinbase subsequently converts the crypto to cash, for a fee.

8. CryptoTC

CryptoTC Crypto Fat Cat
    Staff Member

Grooming myself between naps
    Sleeping on a couch, chair, bed, or under a table
    I contributed to that article, but I’m still not sold on the value of bitcoin ATMs. You need an ATM to get cash to go buy something. You don’t need to go to an ATM to “get” bitcoin to then go buy something.

The convenience of online exchanges and the growth of more traditional investment companies offering crypto will shift the ATM market gradually out of the picture.

Who will need to feed cash into a machine to buy bitcoin in 5 years? Someone moving money from one country to another? Just handle it on an exchange or through one of the many new payment systems popping up.

ATMs exploded onto the scene and will disappear as quickly.

9. Vla

Vla Contributor

I think that right now Bitcoin ATMs are necessary to show that Bitcoin is the same money as fiat. People see ATMs and for them it is more usual thing than online transfers and so on

10. CarryWeaver

CarryWeaver Contributor

I also want to make sure in the part connected to the usage of different cryptocurrencies in the ordinary life.

twinklejagawat likes this.
  11. luke.crypto.duke

luke.crypto.duke Contributor

My friend has a barbershop and they accept bitcoin lol

Mary Lucy and twinklejagawat like this.
  12. twinklejagawat

twinklejagawat Contributor

wow now that's progress
    which county !

13. nazakethussain

nazakethussain Contributor

Yeah now Bitcoin provides so many facilities for people.. Bitcoin ATM are more ease and useful for Us.. well we can purchase from many things through bitcoin..

14. nazakethussain

Yeah you are right.. i am 100% agree with you.. bitcoin is not just digital currency it is more to currency..

15. nazakethussain

Well it is true that bitcoin are providing more facilities as compared to previous.. now we can make payments easily through bitcoin... Bitcoin ATM are also used now a days..

16. luke.crypto.duke

Thailand

Mary Lucy likes this.
  17. Mary Lucy

Mary Lucy Contributor

ok,but what about europe and england?

18. luke.crypto.duke

Tart one then :) be the first one

19. luke.crypto.duke

Start*

20. Michael Kaye

Michael Kaye Contributor

Bitcoin is now a real currency accepted by real businesses, and it's time to know how to use it. Before you start using Bitcoins, you will need a Bitcoin wallet. A Bitcoin wallet is where you send and receive Bitcoins.