What website to use for accurate prices?

Cryptobeargrills

Contributor
I am new to trading and I was wondering what websites do you guys use when trading to get accurate prices or volumes?
I know coinmarketcap and coingecko are the most popular ones, but the prices shown there pass through algorithms and can end up distorted for my exact needs.
I found this website, Accurate Cryptocurrency prices, volumes, guides, charts and more | CoinExchangeData , and they seem to update their prices every minute or so. I also use binance and bitfinex as exchanges, and they have them featured.
What websites do you guys use?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I am new to trading and I was wondering what websites do you guys use when trading to get accurate prices or volumes?
I know coinmarketcap and coingecko are the most popular ones, but the prices shown there pass through algorithms and can end up distorted for my exact needs.
I found this website, Accurate Cryptocurrency prices, volumes, guides, charts and more | CoinExchangeData , and they seem to update their prices every minute or so. I also use binance and bitfinex as exchanges, and they have them featured.
What websites do you guys use?

I use the tools and quotes directly from the exchange I’m trading on. That’s the only number that matters.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I tried to like WorldCoinIndex.com, but I eventually went back to CoinMarketCap.

I remember some Reddit posters blasting CMC for allowing ads from Bitconnect. I always thought ads were somewhat randomly loaded on those pages, so I didn't get as worked up about it. Although anyone advertising for bitconnect probably deserved some criticism. What an easily avoidable mess that was. If you couldn't see that as a scam from a mile away, keep your money in a Vanguard account. Or under your mattress, because you shouldn't be investing in crypto if you bought into the bitconnect myth.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I tried to like WorldCoinIndex.com, but I eventually went back to CoinMarketCap.

I remember some Reddit posters blasting CMC for allowing ads from Bitconnect. I always thought ads were somewhat randomly loaded on those pages, so I didn't get as worked up about it. Although anyone advertising for bitconnect probably deserved some criticism. What an easily avoidable mess that was. If you couldn't see that as a scam from a mile away, keep your money in a Vanguard account. Or under your mattress, because you shouldn't be investing in crypto if you bought into the bitconnect myth.

Even people who knew it was a pyramid signed up and peppered youtube and spammed websites with referral links to try and make money before it crashed. I got into an argument on reddit with one poster who knew he was recruiting for a scam. His response was so what as long as we can make money on it and get out before it fails.

The lack of crypto ethics in 2017 was astounding. And partly to blame for th crash.

Besides the exchange listings I mentioned above, I also use CMC but only to get an idea where prices are before I log into an exchange and use their charts to set orders.

BitFit

Contributor
CMC unless for some reason you need specific prices updated rapidly. In that case, you’ll need to login to your exchange accounts and use their tools. If trying arbitrage on separate exchanges without transferring between them, the cash in and out quickly method, you need to have all the exchanges open at the same time anyway.

And if you aren’t trying arbitrage, you don’t need price down to the last Satoshi updated every second. Close enough works. Use limit orders and then you don’t have to watch prices constantly.

benjonas222

Contributor
The top 4 sites where you can find the best and accurate price for the cryptocurrencies are given for the 2022:
1- Coinbase / Coinbase Pro
2- Kraken
3- Binance.US
4- Bittrex

MateqPagoda

Contributor
This is really helpful. I am currently taking a couple weeks of break from trading, meanwhile I will definitely check these sites out!