Why is cryptocurrency more popular than traditional markets?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Why do people choose non-stable tools? Traditional markets are regulated, have good volatility and income, why is cryptocurrency more popular?

New technology is always exciting to early adopters. And crypto walks outside the lines of those traditional regulated markets, appealing to a subset of investors.

Add in that some countries control their citizens’ financial moves and restrict what they can earn and spend, and you start getting the appeal of cryptocurrency.

maks-ivanov89

Contributor
New technology is always exciting to early adopters. And crypto walks outside the lines of those traditional regulated markets, appealing to a subset of investors.

Add in that some countries control their citizens’ financial moves and restrict what they can earn and spend, and you start getting the appeal of cryptocurrency.
so on the contrary, it is not beneficial for states to use cryptocurrency, because there is no control. It is easier to control the movement of fiat funds.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
so on the contrary, it is not beneficial for states to use cryptocurrency, because there is no control. It is easier to control the movement of fiat funds.

Yes. But re-reading your original question leads me to point out that crypto isn’t more popular than fiat currencies. Not by a long shot. Crypto gets headlines because it is new and volatile. But it isn’t more popular than fiat currency for payments nor more popular than stocks for investment.

But what appeal it does have is tied to innovation and a lack of central control. I see that continuing to grow while other cryptos form to solve real world problems or functions within regulatory frameworks. Take a look at utility tokens or XRP. They operate within government rules and still offer benefits over traditional payment methods.

So cryptocurrency doesn’t automatically mean anarchy. And that’s why I created this site. To cover and discuss legal and legitimate cryptocurrencies. Our first articles were about paying taxes on investment gains. Something the crypto investment world finally seems to be coming to grips with. Slowly.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Why do people choose non-stable tools? Traditional markets are regulated, have good volatility and income, why is cryptocurrency more popular?

Where are you seeing that crypto is more popular than traditional markets? There are vastly more stock, options and currency investors and traders and real estate investors than cryptocurrency investors. It is nowhere near being more popular.

Traditional investing remains exponentially more “popular” than crypto.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Crypto isn’t more popular than other investment asset classes. It just appears that way when you hang out on crypto sites. Your data selection is just biased.

Amir77

Contributor
I don’t know where you see that bitcoins are more popular than traditional markets. Bitcoins are only widely used in parts of Europe and America (physically, and aside from online transactions). Maybe what you mean is more people are investing in cryptos rather than stocks??????

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I don’t know where you see that bitcoins are more popular than traditional markets. Bitcoins are only widely used in parts of Europe and America (physically, and aside from online transactions). Maybe what you mean is more people are investing in cryptos rather than stocks??????

But even that isn’t true. Stockholders number in the hundreds of millions worldwide. In the US, 54% own stocks while 14% own cryptocurrency.

But if you hang out on crypto boards or subreddits, you get the idea everyone is talking about it. It’s called sampling bias.