Will litecoin ever be adopted?

BitFit

Contributor
When I first got into bitcoin, a lot of people were touting bitcoin as a way to store money and invest or to prevent corrupt governments from taking your money.

Then a lot of people also said litecoin is more likely to become a payment method because it’s faster and cheaper. But nothing has really been announced as far as I can tell. It looks like development has stopped. What am I missing? Will it really become a payment system?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I’m worried about the lack of progress also. See the other thread here. Charlie Lee sells all of his and price plummets, never to recover maybe.

So many other payment coins with better updates including bitcoin cash, XRP and ETH. Many many less known ones as well. Litecoin had the first mover advantage over a lot of those, but the developers didn’t capitalize on that in my opinion.

So my answer is No, it will not see widespread adoption.

Emma Lee

Contributor
When I first got into bitcoin, a lot of people were touting bitcoin as a way to store money and invest or to prevent corrupt governments from taking your money.

Then a lot of people also said litecoin is more likely to become a payment method because it’s faster and cheaper. But nothing has really been announced as far as I can tell. It looks like development has stopped. What am I missing? Will it really become a payment system?
Another one of Litecoin’s noted steps towards getting LTC massively adopted is having this currency produced by Wirex.

Emma Lee

Contributor
I’m worried about the lack of progress also. See the other thread here. Charlie Lee sells all of his and price plummets, never to recover maybe.

So many other payment coins with better updates including bitcoin cash, XRP and ETH. Many many less known ones as well. Litecoin had the first mover advantage over a lot of those, but the developers didn’t capitalize on that in my opinion.

So my answer is No, it will not see widespread adoption.
The partnership between Litecoin and TenX as announced two weeks ago, in a way came up as redemption for having failed at launching LitePay as it was originally supposed to happen in March of 2018.