Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and EOS: who's winning and who's losing?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Definitely Bitcoin

Not if you’re comparing investing returns since 2016. Ethereum and XRP both trounce bitcoin gains.

And ETH is drawing the most development and greatest number of projects and coders to crypto space.

Besides, there will be more than one “winner.” There won’t be 1,000 winners, but I’ll stake my rep that it won’t be just one either.

Klimasa

Contributor
Hi, what are you recommending to invest in the coming months? I was thinking about BTC and FTO, but I'm afraid of falling and I hesitate whether to take a chance? What do you think? Maybe it is also worth thinking about ETH?

micheal

Contributor
Hi, if you are thinking about bitcoin, go ahead. It is more safe and secure and doesn't afraid of falling and hesitate to take a chance in it.:)

Jiten Rajput

Contributor
It's a rat race! Considering the present facts, BTC is at the top. It may lose its charm if ETH or EOS overtakes BTC in near future. EOS has also emerged as a promising coin.

micheal

Contributor
This fact is right that BTC is at the top. Its price is suffering yet, and I can also accept it that this time it loses its charm. But, the thing is EOS or any other cryptocurrencies will never overtake Bitcoin in near future or upcoming coming.

Klimasa

Contributor
BTC is now at a very good level and I think its price will not change in the near future. Good time for investments.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
BTC is now at a very good level and I think its price will not change in the near future. Good time for investments.

Probably, but it’s always a good idea to enter incrementally rather than trying to time it exactly.

This site has an article focused on GDAX that covers ladder trades a little.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Probably, but it’s always a good idea to enter incrementally rather than trying to time it exactly.

This site has an article focused on GDAX that covers ladder trades a little.

Entering GDAX Orders and Trades - The Cryptocurrency Forums

And look at those litecoin prices.

Using a tiered order structure

I’d like to close with a more advanced tip on for both entering and exiting positions. As most readers know, cryptocurrency prices are often subject to fairly significant swings on a daily or weekly basis. Day traders, arbitragers, and short-term investors try to profit from those big moves by moving in and out of positions fairly quickly, often using Limit and Stop Limit orders to increase returns and decrease risks. Long-term buyers and sellers can also take advantage of these price swings by entering Limit orders using a tiered pricing structure.

In order to do this, divide the amount you wish to invest into smaller portions. If you wish to buy $1,000 worth of LTC, for example, and the current trading price is $300, consider placing four Limit buy orders each at slightly different prices. You may want to place a Limit Buy order for 1 LTC at $250 and Limit Buy orders for smaller fractions of LTC at $265, $275 and $285 each.

If you are uncomfortable with the risk of missing out, you can place the orders at smaller price increments closer to the current last trade. For example, you could place Limit Buy orders for $275, $285, $290 and $295 until your orders total up to $1,000 worth if executed. Remember, you must enter Limit orders by specifying the amount of coins you wish to buy. You can track the cost of each order under the order entry boxes. If an order exceeds your available funds, you will get an error message and the order will not be placed. Your open orders will display on the bottom right section of the trading screen or under the “Orders” tab on mobile interface. You can cancel open orders at any time if they have not executed. Figure 8 shows a sample tier of open Limit Buy orders for LTC at various prices.

users-tc-desktop-stock-photos-for-tcf-gdax-limit-3.jpeg

Fig. 8 GDAX Example Tier of LTC Buy Orders
You can also use this method to your advantage when it comes time to sell some or all of your crypto holdings. You should always have some idea of your investment goals and target prices when you first buy any asset. When prices reach your targets, you can certainly lock in gains using Market orders. But you should also consider placing tiered Limit Sell orders for portions of your holdings at slightly higher prices. This allows you to both lock in some gains near current price while also keeping some exposure in case prices continue to rise. Of course, just like a tiered buying structure, your orders will not execute if prices begin to fall and continue their decline without reaching your price targets. You should always monitor the markets and adjust your order tier as needed.

BitFit

Contributor
Well I’d have to say EOS isn’t winning.

At least not over the last week or so. Lol.

anna wilson

Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I am a new bee here and I am here to know more about the cryptocurrencies and coins.
As cryptocurrency and coins are indulging a huge number of people these days and they are earning good returns on investing in crypto,

I Just wanted to know in which cryptocurrency I should invest?
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and EOS

Kindly, share your precious knowledge with me.
Thanks & Regards,

Anna

Klimasa

Contributor
Hello Everyone,

I am a new bee here and I am here to know more about the cryptocurrencies and coins.
As cryptocurrency and coins are indulging a huge number of people these days and they are earning good returns on investing in crypto,

I Just wanted to know in which cryptocurrency I should invest?
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and EOS

Kindly, share your precious knowledge with me.
Thanks & Regards,

Anna

In my opinion, it is worth investing in BTC at the beginning, because it is the most profitable. On the other hand, however, other cryptocurrencies such as ETH or Ripple have great potential for the future. You can find a lot of useful tips on the blog Blog | BuyCoinNow.com I use it very often :)

anna wilson

Contributor
In my opinion, it is worth investing in BTC at the beginning, because it is the most profitable. On the other hand, however, other cryptocurrencies such as ETH or Ripple have great potential for the future. You can find a lot of useful tips on the blog Blog | BuyCoinNow.com I use it very often :)

But I have seen a lot of website showing that their coin is much more profitable and offers a lot then a BTC, what should I do?

liamwild

Contributor
I can see the difference between the rates of EOS on Bittrex and Bitfinex now, but I am not sure if I can make a profit on it.

Klimasa

Contributor
But I have seen a lot of website showing that their coin is much more profitable and offers a lot then a BTC, what should I do?
Sure they are, but it all depends on what you really expect. I think that the most important thing is to follow the market and watch changes in crypto rates.