Ripple Invests $25M in blockchain venture capital

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Announced late yesterday according to their site:

“Ripple has invested $25 million in XRP to Blockchain Capital Parallel IV, LP — the first fund to accept capital calls in digital assets — and focus entirely on the development of the blockchain space.

The $150 million fund managed by Blockchain Capital will invest in entrepreneurial teams that are building businesses using blockchain technology. The investment will also provide an opportunity to identify new use cases for the XRP Ledger and Interledger Protocol.

As open source platforms, the XRP Ledger and Interledger Protocol provide an avenue for developers to work directly with the technology and build on it. While Ripple’s primary focus has been to remove friction from cross-border payments, the investment in Blockchain Capital’s fund provides an opportunity to support and develop additional use cases beyond payments.”

Ripple continues to bring on board partners for its products along with pushing further integration of XRP into its payment platforms.

Ripple Invests $25 Million to Drive Innovation in Blockchain and Digital Assets | Ripple

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Ripple’s XRP is not a security according to spokesman. I never considered it to be otherwise. No voting rights, not an ownership fraction of the company, etc. Who out there thought it was a security? Anyway, here’s the link to CNBC report.

Ripple says its cryptocurrency XRP is not a security

And the high points of the article.

• The blockchain start-up Ripple's cryptocurrency is not a security, one of its top executives told CNBC on Wednesday.
  • "We absolutely are not a security. We don't meet the standards for what a security is based on the history of court law," Ripple's chief market strategist, Cory Johnson, told CNBC in an interview.
  • The cryptocurrency's price has reacted positively to speculation that it might be added to Coinbase but is down more than 75 percent this year.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Ripple’s XRP is not a security according to spokesman. I never considered it to be otherwise. No voting rights, not an ownership fraction of the company, etc. Who out there thought it was a security? Anyway, here’s the link to CNBC report.

And the high points of the article.

• The blockchain start-up Ripple's cryptocurrency is not a security, one of its top executives told CNBC on Wednesday.
  • "We absolutely are not a security. We don't meet the standards for what a security is based on the history of court law," Ripple's chief market strategist, Cory Johnson, told CNBC in an interview.
  • The cryptocurrency's price has reacted positively to speculation that it might be added to Coinbase but is down more than 75 percent this year.

Warning Rumor Alert Coming. This isn’t a prediction nor is it shilling or trying to pump XRP. BUT I still suspect it will end up on Coinbase and GDAX later this year. I’m making that up, completely speculating, so don’t go out and buy based on my BS.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
XRP leading the way up last few days. Anyone here smart enough to buy Wednesday?

I admit I didn’t. Thought about it hard but didn’t. $0.48 might be never seen again though. But if I knew for certain where markets were going, I’d change my name to Rich Old Man Crypto o_O