So something I am trying to understand !

Rabia Abid

Contributor
Bitcoin is still holding well above 7K while the total market dipped lower than the previous low on Feb 6th (bitcoin dipped under the previous time). At the same time Ethereum is getting absolutely killed and with it, lots and lots of alts which are based on its platform. Why do you think this is? People are selling some Ether to buy BTC thinking it will go up? How do you think the G20 crypto meeting will impact the crypto space tomorrow and tuesday? It seems very likely that the effect will be negative, in which case we may see an ever bigger dip?! Thoughts?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Bitcoin is still holding well above 7K while the total market dipped lower than the previous low on Feb 6th (bitcoin dipped under the previous time). At the same time Ethereum is getting absolutely killed and with it, lots and lots of alts which are based on its platform. Why do you think this is? People are selling some Ether to buy BTC thinking it will go up? How do you think the G20 crypto meeting will impact the crypto space tomorrow and tuesday? It seems very likely that the effect will be negative, in which case we may see an ever bigger dip?! Thoughts?

Bitcoin isn’t holding well above $7k and hasn’t been there since August 7th. Are you taking about the G20 meeting already held in July?

This site is seeing a lot of old news posts lately.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Bitcoin isn’t holding well above $7k and hasn’t been there since August 7th. Are you taking about the G20 meeting already held in July?

This site is seeing a lot of old news posts lately.

The site is seeing a lot of new posters starting quick hit question threads and then never returning for any discussions. I’m not sure what’s going on. They don’t seem to contain any spam or harmful links, no links at all in most. Just peppering the forums with questions that are more suited to a Google search and then moving on.

Some of our more serious and comprehensive threads get pushed to page 2 on the lists. Is this a new form of disruption that I’m not aware of?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Some of our more serious and comprehensive threads get pushed to page 2 on the lists. Is this a new form of disruption that I’m not aware of?

I doubt it. It just seems like today’s social media sites and especially crypto sites have a lot of quantity and seem to value that over quality. As we’ve discussed, we want nice organic growth here but not just artificial traffic and lots of single post threads. Deeper focus. That’s best I think.