When crypto market will recover?

hasyu

Contributor
I have suffered losses as all altcoins in which I have invested are down in prices since the time I have bought them. I am sad. When crypto market will recover?

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I have suffered losses as all altcoins in which I have invested are down in prices since the time I have bought them. I am sad. When crypto market will recover?

I wish I knew the answer to that. No one really knows. Anyone who says otherwise is purely guessing.

It would seem the current phase of crypto development and investment has entered what is termed a consolidation phase. Meaning investors move to quality projects rather than throwing money into everything with a cool idea. This happened after the internet stock bubble burst in the late 90’s, and it is likely happening with crypto now.

It may be a good time to reassess holdings, adjust allocations and maybe lock in a loss somewhere to offset taxable gains later, but only if a project no longer looks promising to the investor holding the coins.

The massive run up in late 2017 likely won’t happen again but long-term careful investors can still find some winners out there.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
Small move up late today. Patience is required. So many younger buyers in crypto want results in 1 month or less. Spread a little money around in a few coins and wait 2 years. Don’t trade.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Small move up late today. Patience is required. So many younger buyers in crypto want results in 1 month or less. Spread a little money around in a few coins and wait 2 years. Don’t trade.

Our next feature will cover that. Tips, hints and explanations of time-tested investment techniques that can still be relevant and effective in the crypto age.

Working on that for publication after tax day sometime late next week.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I think we all are hoping this is the point where the crypto market begins its recovery.

FYI to those new to crypto, Q2 has never been a market down period since bitcoin was created in 2009. On the other hand, Q1 of each year is typically the worst quarter for crypto market prices. I still maintain that tax day had more of an affect this year than ever on the crypto markets. Many investors didn't accept the idea that crypto to crypto trades are taxable.

The 2018 tax plan clarification of 1031 like-kind exchanges rolled the markets in my opinion. I expected a little more pain before big jumps like today, and I was caught out a little moving money between accounts for a few buys. I'm not sure where to buy in now, having missed yesterday's prices.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I wish I knew the answer to that. No one really knows. Anyone who says otherwise is purely guessing.

It would seem the current phase of crypto development and investment has entered what is termed a consolidation phase. Meaning investors move to quality projects rather than throwing money into everything with a cool idea. This happened after the internet stock bubble burst in the late 90’s, and it is likely happening with crypto now.

It seems I’m writing the news for some of these sites. Or at least planting the ideas.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-next-chapter-of-blockchain-is-market-consolidation-expert-take

“The next year will test 2017 to early 2018 ICO companies’ ability to deliver on their promised products. As stated by Hoskinson, those with weak fundamentals will likely collapse. Still, those who have a strong product may face issues with marketing and brand prominence. Every funded company should plan to both improve their product and build a strong network of supporters.

Blockchain is a grow or die industry. Companies should either prepare to have an exit strategy through acquisition, or have a build, buy, and partner itinerary to continue growing.”

My prediction? Very few, possibly less than 5% of 2017-18 ICO’s will ever become a functioning useful blockchain product. The key to successful investing is to identify those most likely to be successful, or to invest in publicly traded companies that have or will acquire blockchain projects.