Which Cloud Storage Project Do You Like?

Conor

Contributor
Seems like this field is very deep in terms of projects in the same space. Which projects do you like for the short term and long term to help your investment grow?

Few of my bets are: Sia, Storj and Internxt

BitFit

Contributor
I haven’t plunged into storage coins yet, but I’d be worried the bigger companies will lock out competition. Lots of big guys in the space with aggressive pricing. Storage is like a commodity nowadays. I’m not sure people will want to pay more for decentralization except for crypto geeks. Probably many won’t actually trust having their data scattered around because they don’t understand how blockchain works.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I haven’t plunged into storage coins yet, but I’d be worried the bigger companies will lock out competition. Lots of big guys in the space with aggressive pricing. Storage is like a commodity nowadays. I’m not sure people will want to pay more for decentralization except for crypto geeks. Probably many won’t actually trust having their data scattered around because they don’t understand how blockchain works.

A few will get to the point of being a niche storage market for people wanting encrypted “cloud” storage. The winners will be the chains that end up with the biggest spread of nodes around the globe. That’s the appeal, so it has to be done right before “selling” it as a product for users.