Either bitcoin is hot or it’s not

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Both from MarketWatch.com today.

If bitcoin is a bubble, the ‘panic’ stage is near: economist

“Smart money will soon be heading for the exits.”

Unless the one third of wealthy investors decide to buy bitcoin.

A third of wealthy individuals are in or planning to enter the cryptocurrency market, firm says

“This mainstream expansion is clearly evidenced by the fact that more than a third [35%] of wealthy individuals around the world—who are already likely to be successful investors—are telling us that they already have exposure to crypto or that they will have by the end of this year,” wrote Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group.”

So there you go. Just like the Vanguard thread, it’s either worth zero or a lot.

Hope this helps. Meanwhile price goes from $7,500 to $7,500 then hangs around $7,500.

BitFit

Contributor
Thanks. Perfect. :confused:

That’s how I feel depending on what time of day you ask me about bitcoin.

Either it’s going up and I made a good decision or it won’t and I didn’t. I’m not letting it stress me out as much as I did earlier this year. I decided not to buy more or sell. Just hodl.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Thanks. Perfect. :confused:

That’s how I feel depending on what time of day you ask me about bitcoin.

Either it’s going up and I made a good decision or it won’t and I didn’t. I’m not letting it stress me out as much as I did earlier this year. I decided not to buy more or sell. Just hodl.

Maybe I should have set up a poll.

Bitcoin: Hot or Not?

Bitcoin: Swipe Left or Right?

Jiten Rajput

Contributor
Bitcoin is definitely hot. Whosoever decides to take a dive in the cryptocurrency market, bitcoin is the first choice. Even every portfolio has a special position/place for bitcoin. The reason is its popularity and also to some extent altcoins follow the trend of bitcoin.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
In my opinion, BTC is definitely hot. The main reason is probably the growing popularity.

I’m not sure that it is growing in popularity. Google searches are down 75-90%, crypto web site traffic is down similarly. It was hot in 2017. Right now it’s not.

I certainly hope these things reverse, both for investors as well as for member participation on our beautifully designed and coded site. ;)

Emma Lee

Contributor
Both from MarketWatch.com today.

If bitcoin is a bubble, the ‘panic’ stage is near: economist

“Smart money will soon be heading for the exits.”

Unless the one third of wealthy investors decide to buy bitcoin.

A third of wealthy individuals are in or planning to enter the cryptocurrency market, firm says

“This mainstream expansion is clearly evidenced by the fact that more than a third [35%] of wealthy individuals around the world—who are already likely to be successful investors—are telling us that they already have exposure to crypto or that they will have by the end of this year,” wrote Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group.”

So there you go. Just like the Vanguard thread, it’s either worth zero or a lot.

Hope this helps. Meanwhile price goes from $7,500 to $7,500 then hangs around $7,500.
How can something be worth $20, $600, and $15,000 within the same theory? One key reason stems from what we don’t know about cryptocurrencies rather than what we do know. We know Bitcoin’s maximum supply is 21 million, and we know the velocity of most commonly used currencies.

Emma Lee

Contributor
In my opinion, BTC is definitely hot. The main reason is probably the growing popularity.
Some believe the cloud of confusion has to do with the simple fact that cryptocurrency is something entirely new—it needs a fresh school of economic thinking to go with it. A quantity theory of cryptomoney, perhaps.