Initial exchange offerings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The CC Forums, May 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. The CC Forums

Staff Member

Old Man Crypto likes this.
  2. Old Man Crypto

Old Man Crypto Expert chainblocker

Retired, can’t remember from what.
    One step ahead
    I can see exchanges that will be good at offering only the most promising companies, but I suspect most will do it just to get a slice of the ICO pie from past years.

Security tokens on the other hand intrigue me very much. A crypto offering an ownership stake should make some of the smaller tech startups going through the traditional finance routes think twice.

I’ll probably not find many security tokens that I want right off the bat, but getting in at the first sign of project success or growth will be my target. Let’s get some coverage here on security tokens please.

3. The CC Forums

Staff Member

And the model is already under fire as an illegal partnership unless registered as a broker-dealer.

From Cointelegraph:

SEC Crypto Czar: Platforms Listing IEOs May Face Regulatory Trouble

Excerpt:

Speaking on IEO, Szczepanik — also known as the commission’s “crypto czar” — argued that platforms seeking to list IEO tokens for a fee and attract buyers for an issuer are likely engaging in broker-dealer activity. Szczepanik said:

“If they are not registered they will find themselves in trouble in the U.S., if they have a U.S. issuer or U.S. buyers, if they are operating on the U.S. market.”

4. Old Man Crypto

Old Man Crypto Expert chainblocker

Retired, can’t remember from what.
    One step ahead
    As long as there is an interested party who stands to benefit financially from a new method of fundraising, there will be abuses. Just because a token has been cleared by an exchange review doesn't mean it isn't crap vaporware with no real project. It just means that the exchange got paid to review it, got paid to list it, and then gets paid when everyone trades it.

Not really an independent qualified unbiased and informed endorsement of the underlying asset and project. It's really just ICO's with liquidity and better promotional advantages. I'll stay away.

5. CryptoTC

CryptoTC Crypto Fat Cat
    Staff Member

Grooming myself between naps
    Sleeping on a couch, chair, bed, or under a table
    So much truth. So much experience in the Old Man. But a lot of cynicism too. I guess you see a lot over the years, you end up necessarily suspicious of a lot of things.

Just don’t fall for the IRS back taxes or grandkid in jail bail money needed phone frauds, Old Man. You’re in their demographic target. :D

6. Want to read the rest of this thread? Register now.
    Register