If Bitcoin can return to $20K this year, the bubble may never burst

Do you think BTC will hit 20K by Dec'2018

• Total voters

laura elley

Contributor
The dreams of Lambos have gone up in smoke for most people now that BTC has dropped below $6K. So we already know the correction is in full effect. But instead of dwelling on that for the moment, let’s start looking to the future and what it holds for the markets. And in this case, i believe there is silver lining if BTC can get back to its peak within a year and why doing so may make it bubble proof in the future.

Throughout the 8 year life of Bitcoin, it has had some major ups and downs as we all know. We had the huge Mt. Gox crash and many others as any veteran of this market will tell you. However, BTC always came back. But what makes it different this time is that all those other crashes and recoveries were not mainstream news. They pretty much happened in secret. Few people even knew what Bitcoin was, and even less knew what the price meant. If anything, when most people heard about a Bitcoin price crash they assumed that’s what it should be doing, since nobody even knew how it had any value to begin with.

However, that has all changed this past year. Pretty much everyone knows what Bitcoin is now, and not only that, a lot of people even own it or at least know someone who does. Its been on the news on a regular basis and even celebrities are talking about it. It’s pretty much a household name at this point.

Everyone has heard about the Bitcoin millionaires and saw the chart where if you bought a few hundred dollars worth a few years ago you would be rich right now. So the idea that Bitcoin can make you rich is pretty much a part of popular culture all around the world. And this is why if Bitcoin can rebound, it will be bubble proof for the next decade since all eyes will be on it when it recovers this time.

The reason being is that if pretty much the whole world sees Bitcoin go from $20K, down to $5K, then back up to $20K in a year, you will have people lining up whenever it crashes again. Pretty much everyone will know that if you missed Bitcoin on the first run up, you can catch the second one. The only real difference is more people will learn to take profits on the way up, and they won’t ride the market all they way down.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
All great points. Thanks for joining us and posting those thoughts.

I agree the market will come back strong, I just don’t know when. This table might help some get through this slump:

VHwchkE.jpg

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Well I’m hoping the last 24 hours signals a return of the bulls. And a sustainable run.

:)

Jiten Rajput

Contributor
I really wish it could. Watching the bitcoin graph since 2009, it reflects many ups and downs. Whenever bitcoin value crashes, it bounces back with a bang.

The bitcoin market is bearish right now and the prices are likely to decrease further. How long is the bearish period? Nobody knows.

But one thing is for sure, bitcoin is here to stay for long. The value will come up. If not at the end of 2018, then definitely in 2019.

Hope are high!!

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I really wish it could. Watching the bitcoin graph since 2009, it reflects many ups and downs. Whenever bitcoin value crashes, it bounces back with a bang.

The bitcoin market is bearish right now and the prices are likely to decrease further. How long is the bearish period? Nobody knows.

But one thing is for sure, bitcoin is here to stay for long. The value will come up. If not at the end of 2018, then definitely in 2019.

Hope are high!!

I have the same view as you, but the steadily weakening market is hard to watch. I know there’s a buy point in here somewhere, I’m just not sure at what levels.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
This is a good time to evaluate long term investments and trim the coins you don’t think will be useful in 2019, 2020 or beyond. Take some losses by moving out of losers that you no longer want and into solid long term projects that you do.

Hopefully use those losses to offset gains later in 2018, or so I hope.

James Johnson

Contributor
The dreams of Lambos have gone up in smoke for most people now that BTC has dropped below $6K. So we already know the correction is in full effect. But instead of dwelling on that for the moment, let’s start looking to the future and what it holds for the markets. And in this case, i believe there is silver lining if BTC can get back to its peak within a year and why doing so may make it bubble proof in the future.

Throughout the 8 year life of Bitcoin, it has had some major ups and downs as we all know. We had the huge Mt. Gox crash and many others as any veteran of this market will tell you. However, BTC always came back. But what makes it different this time is that all those other crashes and recoveries were not mainstream news. They pretty much happened in secret. Few people even knew what Bitcoin was, and even less knew what the price meant. If anything, when most people heard about a Bitcoin price crash they assumed that’s what it should be doing, since nobody even knew how it had any value to begin with.

However, that has all changed this past year. Pretty much everyone knows what Bitcoin is now, and not only that, a lot of people even own it or at least know someone who does. Its been on the news on a regular basis and even celebrities are talking about it. It’s pretty much a household name at this point.

Everyone has heard about the Bitcoin millionaires and saw the chart where if you bought a few hundred dollars worth a few years ago you would be rich right now. So the idea that Bitcoin can make you rich is pretty much a part of popular culture all around the world. And this is why if Bitcoin can rebound, it will be bubble proof for the next decade since all eyes will be on it when it recovers this time.

The reason being is that if pretty much the whole world sees Bitcoin go from $20K, down to $5K, then back up to $20K in a year, you will have people lining up whenever it crashes again. Pretty much everyone will know that if you missed Bitcoin on the first run up, you can catch the second one. The only real difference is more people will learn to take profits on the way up, and they won’t ride the market all they way down.

Everybody is hoping for the best for Bitcoin as it's a leading cryptocurrency in crypto era but we can only assume the better results in coming months but I think we should not only rely on bitcoins instead we should go for other popular, useful and interesting coins that will surely gain some worth in coming days. Atleast, you should go through their whitepapers, then you'll surely get an idea about various cryptocoins. I literally cryptocoinjudge.com as an important site where I am aware about different coins and their worth.

But I am too hoping for the good for Bitcoin.