Member Introductions

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
New members be sure to check in here. Let us know a little about you. Don’t reveal any private info or financial info. Remember telling everyone you made a fortune in DOGE makes you a target for scammers, hackers and thieves.

It’s OK to share which coins you like and/or hold. Just don’t let anyone know how much you have.

Again, thanks for joining us here at TCF.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
I’ll go first.

I’m older than the average crypto buyer. I became interested in the topic by accident. I canceled a boat trip last April after a family member broke an ankle, so I used the unexpected free time to buy and read a few bitcoin, blockchain and Ethereum books and articles.

Shortly after, I had verified exchange accounts, and I bought bitcoin, ether, litecoin and sent bitcoin to other exchanges to buy altcoins.

I read everything I could find on the internet. I realized I didn’t like bitcointalk’s outdated interface. No matter how I set my browser’s fonts, posts were hard to read. And altcoins are lumped into one large node that is difficult to sort and search.

YouTube videos often take 20 mins to provide info that I can read in 6 mins or less. And you can’t easily refer back to specific portions of a YouTube video.

Reddit’s post ranking system often left good info hard to find while memes, GIFs and fake or misleading titles became popular. I was reading and answering the same questions over and over and over...

Thorough easy to read info was hard to find, and no site had an extensive resource library. Most sites maintain a curated list of other site links. Many didn’t approach the topic from the perspective of an investor familiar with other asset classes but new to crypto.

So I set down to create a plan, revised it, reviewed it, tried to set up a couple of sites on my own, revised the plan with more features, and finally hired a designer to get it done right using optimized content management and delivery, mobile friendly interface, and experienced troubleshooting experts.

Along the way I continued to buy several cryptos and survived several market rises and precipitous drops.

In crypto and Jimi Hendrix terms, I am experienced. And verbose. :D

How about the rest of you?

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
I started last summer. I kept hearing about bitcoin and some guys at work kept talking about the Winklevoss ETF that didn’t get approval. Some were looking into GBTC also. None of them ever bought the fund or bitcoin, but it got my interest up.

I signed up for Coinbase and bought some bitcoin and later Ethereum. I missed Ethereum price pretty bad when I bought at $350 first and watched price drop to half that. I bought more at $180 and in the low $200’s too.

I bought a few altcoins on Poloniex and sold a few on there. I sold a little bitcoin along the way but mostly I have kept everything.

I only buy with money I can lose and I’m willing to wait for years to see where this goes. Too many people think prices only go up and they lose money and panic. I keep my eye on the future.

Old Man Crypto

Expert chainblocker
I bought some bitcoin on a whim after hearing about it on financial news shows. Coinbase didn’t take long for me to set up back in the summer. I guess it’s worse now with everybody piling in. I bought a little bit of ether. I wanted to try some ICOs but you can’t do that from Coinbase wallets. By the time I got my Ledger the ones I wanted to buy were already over and only for sale on small exchanges. So I bought more ether. I’m learning as I go. This site has helped but I can’t wait for more articles to be posted here. How-to guides and stuff.

I watch YouTube videos to learn but some of them aren’t any good but some are good. I also watched the Netflix bitcoin show with my wife so she would understand what I was doing. It helped.

I like Coindesk but some people on other sites have told me they are owned by a group that owns Coinbase and invests in ripple so they are biased I guess. All news is biased though. You can’t believe everything you read.

Thanks for making this site.

AirdropCentral

Contributor
Hello, Airdrop Central here. we just launched our site and are trying to reach out to the cryotocurrency community.

AirdropCentral is your Hub for all Airdrop needs

Kindest Regards
Airdrop Central

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Hi everyone, I am looking to learn something new, like everyone right? I am newbie in this world of cryptocurrency but I will share with you stuff I find interesting and useful

Welcome. I hope we can provide some educational material here for you. Our goal is to write material for average investors who know a decent amount about stocks, mutual funds, 401k and IRA’s but very little about bitcoin and crypto.

Many other sites like Reddit and bitcointalk appeal to much younger audiences or post info geared towards community involvement in the technical aspects of crypto.

I wanted a site devoted to investing in crypto as an asset class rather than as a tool for anarchists to change the world of finance. Of course, it may be both.

But a lot of investors on other crypto sites have almost no experience picking winners and protecting gains in down markets.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Hello, Airdrop Central here. we just launched our site and are trying to reach out to the cryotocurrency community.

AirdropCentral is your Hub for all Airdrop needs

Kindest Regards
Airdrop Central

Be sure to use the ICO section they’ve created here. Maybe @The CC Forums should put up an Airdrop topic too. What do you think chief?

James Johnson

Contributor
Hi everyone, first of all, good to see some healthy introduction here and expecting some healthy discussions too. Allow me to introduce about me, though I am a newbie in this industry and finding Cryptos and ICOs are the most interesting in the market. So, last 4 to 5 months, I am in this industry, studying and analysing some helpful sites and joined this forum, so that I can enhance my knowledge level and later, I'll be one of you guys.My friends, if you don't mind, then could you please help me or suggest me some extra related stuff? As rightnow, I am analysing these sites:

https://www.cryptocoinjudge.com/
https://www.icotokennews.com/
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency
Coinschedule: ICO List Of The Best Crypto ICOs and Token Sales
https://www.coinalert.com/

So, are these sites helpful for learning purpose? Do share your thoughts on the same or suggest me some new sites.

CryptoTC

Crypto Fat Cat
Hi everyone, first of all, good to see some healthy introduction here and expecting some healthy discussions too. Allow me to introduce about me, though I am a newbie in this industry and finding Cryptos and ICOs are the most interesting in the market. So, last 4 to 5 months, I am in this industry, studying and analysing some helpful sites and joined this forum, so that I can enhance my knowledge level and later, I'll be one of you guys.My friends, if you don't mind, then could you please help me or suggest me some extra related stuff? As rightnow, I am analysing these sites:

https://www.cryptocoinjudge.com/
https://www.icotokennews.com/
Coinbase - Buy/Sell Digital Currency
Coinschedule: ICO List Of The Best Crypto ICOs and Token Sales
https://www.coinalert.com/

So, are these sites helpful for learning purpose? Do share your thoughts on the same or suggest me some new sites.

Yes those sites can be helpful. Reddit has numerous sections for cryptos. Collect research from different sites when reading about cryptos before you take any actions.

lubosold

Contributor
Hey guys,

I'm a new user of your board and I just wanted to say hi. I have some basic knowledge about crypto but I wanted to learn some more and decided that joining this board might be what I'm looking for :)

I'm also looking forward to sharing my knowledge with all of you.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Hey guys,

I'm a new user of your board and I just wanted to say hi. I have some basic knowledge about crypto but I wanted to learn some more and decided that joining this board might be what I'm looking for :)

Welcome. We’ve been a little quiet this week with material for the front page. It will pick up as March moves along.

Meanwhile please browse around the site setup and give us some feedback. We’ve got a few disscussions going on valuation and recent market moves. Those seem to be the most active threads outside of the ICO and Airdrop threads.

Arbok

Contributor
Hello! I am just getting into the topic of crypto currency and trading of it, so I am mostly here to learn about the trading and investments regarding crypto currency!

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Hello! I am just getting into the topic of crypto currency and trading of it, so I am mostly here to learn about the trading and investments regarding crypto currency!

Welcome. We’re just getting started. Please take a minute to look at the various topic categories and feel free to post any questions or comments you have. If you have site questions, suggestions or criticisms, please post them in the Site Feedback Forums here:

Announcements & Feedback

We hope you find our site useful. Check back frequently as we have a lot more content planned a,omg with some promotional giveaways very soon.

LookIntoMyEyes

Contributor
Hello everyone!

My name is Chris, I started December 29th, 2017. I have learned so much about Crypto in these past months. I am invested in DGB, XLM, XRP and ZRX. I currently use a hot wallet (Software wallets) to keep all my Crypto, I want to get into a cold storage (hardware wallet) but I am focused on buying these dips. I bring this up because it is important to stay secure in this Crypto world and a hot wallet is not the safest as it is always connected to the internet.

I plan to be here for the news and to hopefully contribute some of my knowledge to the community.

Davidhoper

Contributor
Hi everyone, I am looking to learn something new, like everyone right? I have a good understanding about the cryptocurrency but I will share with you stuff which I find interesting and useful. Thanks. Great to be here.:):)

James Johnson

Contributor
Hey guys,

Hi! My friend, though I am also a newbie but for few days I am getting knowledge which is helpful for me in every sense. So, I would like to few sites where you can also gain some knowledge and information.

Cryptocoinjudge.com
ICOTokennews.com
Coinschedule.com
icoalert.com
icobench.com

These are few sites where you can get enough knowledge and ideas about in which coin you should invest or in which ICO you should participate. Specially, first two sites are very helpful for me and resolve all my possible questions.

You too please share your thoughts on the same, so that we can educate everyone.

The CC Forums

Admin
Staff member
Hi everyone, I am looking to learn something new, like everyone right? I have a good understanding about the cryptocurrency but I will share with you stuff which I find interesting and useful. Thanks. Great to be here.:):)

Welcome. Thanks for joining. Be sure to enter the Ledger Nano giveaway thread. Entries close tomorrow at noon EDT. Winners will be announced later in the day.